About Mary MacKillop Today
Mary MacKillop Today seeks to transform lives for self-determination through access to education and the learning of practical life skills in vulnerable and remote communities.
Just as Mary MacKillop did over a century ago, Mary MacKillop Today helps those wherever they are, regardless of their faith, ethnicity or gender by supporting development projects both within Australia and overseas. Mary MacKillop Today directly implements programs through our office in Australia and Timor-Leste, as well as through partnerships in Peru, and Fiji.
We know that providing education, in all its forms, is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes and generational change in developing communities and we depend on support from the Australian public to carry out this vital work.
Mary MacKillop Today is a ministry of the Sisters of Saint Joseph and we work in the spirit of Saint Mary MacKillop and the Rev Julian Tenison Woods, inspired by their faith, legacy and grounded practical work.
Mary MacKillop Today is directly responsible for program design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all our projects and is a signatory of the Australian Council for International Development’s code of conduct. As a consequence, we have a high degree of accountability and transparency. Mary MacKillop Today is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work.
About the Role
The Donor Services Officer is a key functional position responsible for the timely and accurate processing of all donations and ensuring supporters are provided with high quality care.
Processing of donations includes inputting, receipting and acknowledgement along with updating records, entering all donor communications and ensuring response actions are recorded in our CRM database.
The Donor Services Officer will also oversee incoming funds and be responsible for account reconciliation with the Finance Team. This role will also work closely with the Database Administrator to assist with reporting and maintaining the database.
This position requires a dedicated individual who is highly organised and has excellent attention to detail. Being self-motivated with a desire to excel will lead to success in this role.
– Collecting, opening and processing all mail.
– Processing, recording and receipting all donations received via mail, phone, direct deposit and online.
– Preparing cash and cheque donations and depositing them into the bank.
– Reconciling daily donations against the CRM database, bank accounts and online merchant facilities.
– Ensuring data security and privacy measures are implemented to protect both the organisation and our donors.
– Ensuring data integrity throughout all processes.
– Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of all donor data, including contact information, returned mail, communication preferences and payment details.
– Undertaking a process of continuous improvement of donor data quality.
– Managing returned mail and mailing preferences to ensure donors wishes are adhered to.
– Working closely with the Database Administrator to meet all other ad hoc data and reporting requirements for the Supporter Relations team.
– Ensuring donors are thanked for their gift in a timely manner.
– Elevating any complaints or issues when required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
– Minimum of one years’ experience in a similar processing role.
– Proficient in data entry with a strong attention to detail.
– Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
– Commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
– Excellent organisational skills.
– Excellent time management skills and an ability to prioritise.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
– Experience working with a relational database, ideally Thank Q or another CRM platform.
– Fundraising experience.
– Awareness of the key principles of the Privacy Act.
– Knowledge of best practice donor care and maintaining a donor centric methodology to enhance donor satisfaction.
– Knowledge of donor attrition and retention trends and methods to ensure donor retention.
This position is a permanent part-time (up to 0.6FTE) role based in North Sydney, and reports to the Donor Care Coordinator of Mary MacKillop Today. This position is office based and does not have access to flexible working arrangements. This position has no direct reports. The working environment is informal but professional, with very high standards of output and delivery. We are a happy, enthusiastic and energy filled group, with a positive and values-driven culture.