• Do you want to do work that really matters? Help us end avoidable blindness.
• Full time, Permanent Role based Sydney (Flexible work from home arrangements available)
• Closing Date: Sunday the 4th of June 2023
ABOUT THE FRED HOLLOWS FOUNDATION
The Foundation is an international development organisation working to prevent blindness and restore sight. We continue to carry on the legacy of Professor Fred Hollows, who believed every person had the right to quality eye care, no matter where they live. The Foundation has grown to work in more than 25 countries throughout Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific, as well as Australia. The Foundation has restored sight to more than 3 million people worldwide. We have an ambitious five-year strategic plan that aims to take us even closer to realising our vision of a world in which no person is needlessly blind or vision impaired and Indigenous Australians exercise their right to sight and good health.
The Foundation is also proud to announce that we were awarded the Employer of Choice Award (Public Sector and NFP) at the 2022 Australian HR Awards.
You will be a Finance leader, with experience managing multi-disciplinary teams in a complex, global environment. You will have strong stakeholder engagement skills, able to influence and negotiate with senior leaders. Additionally, you will be a change manager and change maker, looking for opportunities for transformation, optimisation and simplification. Finally, you will be a strategic thinker, with a view of the potential future challenges, coupled with a solution focused mindset.
The Finance Director is accountable for ensuring excellence in financial management and compliance which supports the execution of The Foundation’s strategic plan through a high standard of design, delivery and direction in the Finance team. The Finance Director is also responsible for driving a culture of business partnering across the distributed finance team, to ensure the finance function provides exemplary support, engagement, timeliness and reliability of information to assist the entire organisation in making decisions and executing against their plans. Further, the Finance Director will lead the finance transformational program to realise global operational efficiencies supported by technology change.
• Ensuring effective financial management through the maintenance, development and implementation of appropriate policies, systems, and processes to meet statutory requirements, internal governance requirements, manage risks and implement best practice solutions to support current and future business requirements.
• Ensuring the long-term financial wellbeing by supporting the development and delivery of key financial targets and contributing to the development of financial strategies and global financial structures to support execution of The Foundation’s strategic plan.
• Leading and developing finance teams to drive change and improve The Foundation’s financial literacy and support via analysis, training, coaching, mentoring and guiding all finance and non-finance staff to deliver continual capacity building across The Foundation and with our programming partners.
• Actively support and collaborate with the executive leadership group to provide timely, clear, concise and meaningful information, driving a support and partnership culture across all finance functions and ensuring the finance functions have aligned performance and behavioural goals to improve our risk, compliance and culture.
• Maintaining and growing a highly positive employee experience and value proposition to ensure attraction and retention of quality finance staff.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
• Significant experience as a financial leader in a global multi entity environment driving transformational change.
• Significant experience in leading and developing the skills of finance teams in an international environment.
• Significant experience in managing finance systems, internal controls and processes in an international organisation.
• Significant experience in aligning strategic and financial planning, with previous exposure to multi-period and/or rolling budgets.
• Demonstrated ability to guide the organisation on appropriate financial practices and executing them through strong collaboration, effective communication and leveraging positive relationships with stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to address Board and Governing Committee level issues.
• Willingness to travel internationally as required.
• Chartered Accountant or Certified Practicing Accountant.
• Experience with lean six sigma would be advantageous.
HOW WE RECOGNISE YOUR CONTRIBUTION
Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where you will feel supported and empowered. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or finding an environment which enables you to thrive while balancing family or personal commitments, we have a range of programs in place to support you. Including:
• Generous salary packaging – we provide access to not-for-profit salary packaging options, which will increase your take home pay, we also offer 17.5% annual leave loading
• Flexible work environment – we focus on output, not hours and enable you to prioritise your health and wellbeing
• Generous leave allowances – we offer Paid parental leave; 5 days bonus leave every year; an annual Foundation-wide “Me Day”; and time off for culturally significant/ceremonial leave
• Ongoing commitment to your continuous learning and career development – through tailored leadership and professional development programs, access to Linkedin Learning and focused development conversations.
To find out more about our benefits click here
Please apply directly via the “Apply” Button. Should you have any questions regarding the opportunity please reach out to our Talent Acquisition Specialist, at [email protected] for a confidential conversation. Kindly note that CVs will not be considered through this email address.
Applications Close: Sunday the 4th of June 2023
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this position.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children and community partners in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment. The Foundation is also committed to protecting the health of our beneficiaries, donors and partners and require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.