Are you a finance professional looking for a new challenge? Do you want to be part of a team of experienced development professionals committed to sustainability, strengths-based capacity development, genuine partnership and GEDSI? Join us!
- Full-time opportunity to June 2024 with the option to extend.
- Remote role, with an allowance provided to establish your home office.
- Applicants from this position may be used to establish a merit list for similar roles.
The Australia-Pacific Partnership Platform (The Partnerships Platform) is looking for motivated and skilled professionals who are keen to make a difference. We seek passionate staff who work collaboratively to deliver the ideas and advice that will help the countries in which we work meet governance and stability challenges. The Partnership Platform is seeking an experienced and motivated Finance Officer with a proven track record in coordinating end to end finance and procurement processes. The ideal candidate is collaborative, respectful, flexible, and resilient with a keen focus on providing accurate and timely support in a faced paced, hands-on environment.
The areas of focus of the assignment are:
- Ensuring the Partnerships Platform’s finance processes are maintained in accordance with DFAT and DT Global policies and procedures, as well as ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards.
- Coordinating day-to-day program expenditure, including payment of invoices and management of supplier accounts.
- Monitoring and liaising with vendors/service providers to ensure all payments, program cash flow and budgeting information is accurate and current.
- Assisting with preparation of financial reports, including reconciliations that may be required by DFAT for the management of the Program.
- Responding to audit recommendations that improve financial processes and controls.
- Ensuring fraud management is applied across all financial activities to ensure a zero-tolerance culture throughout the Program.
- Providing client-focused, responsive technical support to all Partnerships Platform partner countries and achieve a high level of internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Assisting with routine administrative tasks as requested by the Finance and Operations Manager.
This is a remote, work from home position, and flexibility of hours will be considered.
To be successful in this role, you will have experience in coordinating finance and procurement processes, preferably in DFAT or other donor funded programs. You are a team player, with a “can do” attitude who enjoys working innovatively to find solutions. You have excellent communication skills and a keen eye for detail, and the courage to put forward new and innovative ways to work.
How to Apply
To access the Terms of Reference detailing the role, responsibilities, selection criteria and country context for the position, please visit https://dt-global.com/company/careers and search for job number 1978 or contact [email protected] for more information.
Applications must be submitted by 11.59 pm AEST on Sunday, 28 May 2023.
The Partnerships Platform is committed to increasing the pool of Pacific Island expertise. Suitably qualified people of the Pacific are strongly encouraged to apply.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, including First Nations people, LGBTQIA+, women, gender diverse and people of different abilities.