Live & Learn Environmental Education
Live & Learn makes a difference. We’re a small, effective network of community development offices throughout Asia and the Pacific that implement community-based development projects focused on climate resilience, nature-based solutions, inclusion, and well-being.
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Finance Manager to be based in Cambodia and report to our finance team at our Head Office in Melbourne, Australia. You will be responsible for end-to-end financial accounting for the grants and government funding arm of the business including processing monthly, quarterly, and annual management reporting and grant financial acquittals. This role has a strong procurement focus and requires regular engagement with project partners.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• End-to-end financial accounting for the project grant.
• Preparing grant financial acquittals and ensuring they are submitted in a timely manner.
• Completing month-end close procedures within agreed team deadlines.
• Processing journals, completing reconciliations, and performing P&L and Balance Sheet analysis.
• Cash flow forecasting, preparation of project budgets and coordination with Melbourne offices.
• Responsible for working with external auditors to ensure compliance with reporting requirements, including grant financial acquittals and annual statutory accounts.
• Maintaining systems using QuickBooks or MYOB software amongst others.
• Review and develop organizational policies and procedures periodically to drive processes effectively.
• Manage Internal audit and training, and travel to the Melbourne office for training.
• Working closely with project controls to ensure budget and forecasting activities are completed timely.
• Project procurement, including procurement planning, processing, and management.
• Supporting the management of subcontracts and subcontractors.
• Working closely with country office finance staff.
• Assisting with country tax and other statutory compliances.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you will have:
• At least 3 years experience in a similar role in Cambodia.
• Ability and willingness to live in and work in Cambodia.
• Relevant tertiary financial qualifications (CA or CPA advantageous).
• 5 plus years experience in a similar role, experience gained in a not-for-profit environment is desirable.
• In-depth knowledge of financial regulations, accounting processes, and Accounting Systems.
• Excellent cross-cultural competency, including communication and negotiation skills.
What we can offer you
• Competitive Salary Package.
• Leave and other government-mandated benefits.
• A great work-life balance, including flexible working hours and working arrangements.
• A work culture that encourages practical engagement and opportunities to innovate and explore opportunities.
How to apply
Please click the link to apply for the job opening via our online recruitment platform. You will need to submit your CV and Cover Letter Into the application and a few questions regarding you’re your application. If you have questions, you can reach [email protected].