JOIN A TEAM THAT IS SUPPORTING RESILIENCE IN PACIFIC COMMUNITIES
We are currently hiring an innovative technical advisor, based in Melbourne, who can strengthen Live & Learn as a regional leader on nature-based solutions and provide rapid support of the implementation of community-led ecosystem restoration.
YOU ARE PERFECT FOR THIS ROLE IF:
- You are committed to localizing development and ‘doing development differently’. You are innovative, cross-disciplinary, and are committed to keeping up to date with new ways of working.
- You understand best practices around ecosystem management and restoration in the Pacific and are familiar with international nature-based solutions principles and standards.
- You have at least five years of experience providing technical support on ecosystem restoration activities in the Pacific, as well as a tertiary qualification in a relevant area.
- You can rapidly adapt your technical training to best suit the on-the-ground needs of local teams, communicating specialist knowledge in practical ways to non-specialists.
WHAT THIS OPPORTUNITY WOULD MEAN TO YOU:
- You will be part of a grassroots, community-led program that is doing something about climate change.
- You will contribute to the localization of development in the Pacific by strengthening the technical knowledge of our local teams so that they can lead restoration activities in the future.
- You will shape the nature-based solutions activities that Live & Learn do as it continues to grow rapidly.
WHAT A DAY WORKING WITH US MIGHT INVOLVE:
- Review the information and reporting about ecosystems in Climate Resilient Island communities to support local teams to better understand the condition of ecosystems that they are working with.
- Work alongside local teams to help communities plan and implement restoration-based actions so that communities are more resilient to the impacts of climate change.
- Promote Climate Resilient Islands approaches to government counterparts and regional organizations so that community ecosystem actions are sustainable in the long term.
- Adapt existing monitoring and evaluation methods so that they are suitable in specific community contexts and in ways that allow communities themselves to monitor the condition of their ecosystems beyond the implementation timeframe.
- Strengthen the Climate Resilient Islands approach in response to best practices and lessons learned from field implementation, as well as emerging ideas and developments from the sector.
- Work with colleagues in the network support office to develop community-based restoration guides that can be used in future programs.
- Evaluate ecosystem actions against international standards and frameworks, represent Live & Learn at sector events, collaborate with internal experts to develop communications materials, to support Live & Learn as a regional leader in nature-based solutions.
For a full view of the Position Description please download on these link