At MSI Reproductive Choices we are unapologetically pro-choice. We believe that every person has the right to make choices about their own body and future. As one of the world’s leading providers of contraception and safe abortion care, we give everyone the means to do so. Across 37 countries, we provide high quality, safe services, and work with advocacy to create an enabling environment, so every client has safe access to services when and where they are needed.
MSI Asia Pacific (MSIAP) serves as the Public Engagement and Project Management office for MSI in Australia and the Asia Pacific region. Working with key institutional donors including Australian Government (DFAT) and New Zealand Government (MFAT), Foundations and individual supporters, MSIAP oversees a number of projects across Asia and the Pacific.
MSI is committed to creating an inclusive environment with a workforce which is representative of the communities we serve. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and give equal consideration to all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. We are committed to promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all team members and clients, with a focus on vulnerable groups.
About the Role
The Team Coordinator works across all of MSIAP’s departments to contribute to the smooth running of the Pacific Asia Team, the achievement of annual targets and to ensure compliance to key standards, including DFAT, MFAT and ACFID, through provision of high-quality support to Melbourne-based team members and our overseas partners.
The Team Coordinator reports to the Executive Officer with a dotted line to the Programs Director, but will also directly engage with other members of the Senior Management Team. Functional areas are primarily divided between administration and broader support to the programs team, and support to MSIAP’s governance and compliance regimes. The Team Coordinator will engage with the global team, directly with country programs, and with our corporate services provider, MSI Australia.
We recruit talented, dynamic people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all united by a belief in our mission and a focus on delivering measurable results. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating a fully inclusive workplace, where everyone feels able to participate and contribute meaningfully. You must be open-minded, curious, resilient, and solutions-oriented, and be committed to promoting equality, and safeguarding the welfare of team members and clients alike.
For this role, we’re looking for an individual who has:
– Experience in administration in a dynamic office environment, including across finance function and (ideally) project management function.
– Experience of converting basic data into useable formats.
– Experience in developing and coordinating organisational processes
– Experience in corporate governance functions desirable
– Experience in the project management cycle desirable
– Knowledge of sexual and reproductive health care (desirable)
– Strong customer service orientation with the ability to confidently engage with a range of stakeholders (Board directors, staff from across the globe, and donors).
– Strong team player (hybrid working environment) able to collaborate across disciplines and cultures
– General interest in international development and/or reproductive health issues
– Pro MSI philosophy of reproductive rights
– Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
– Pro-choice on abortion
– Strong attention to detail and highly organised with the ability to manage competing demands
– Calm under pressure
– Initiative with the ability to operate with limited supervision
– Excellent IT skills, including Advanced Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills.
– Proven attention to detail
– Very strong systems thinking
– Strong planning and coordinating skills
– Ability to manage and prioritise a fluctuating workload
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Results orientated
University degree in relevant field.
For more information about the role, please view the job framework.
Location: Melbourne Office (hybrid working)
Full-time: 38 hours a week
Contract type: 12 month Fixed Term
Salary: AUD 65,000 – AUD 75,000 – salary is commensurate with experience. Discretionary bonus + benefits
Closing date: 10th April 2023 (midnight AEST) Interviews may take place before this date for exceptional candidates.
Application: To apply please include a letter addressing the experience and skills required along with your CV and send to [email protected]
MSI Asia Pacific is a child-safe organisation and has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation abuse and harassment. All successful applicants will be required to abide by our Child Safeguarding Code of Conduct and our Global Code of Conduct in addition to undergoing a police check prior to commencement.