ACFID promotes sustainable and inclusive approaches to development in recognition that:
- Climate change threatens to roll back decades of development gains and force millions more people to live in poverty
- Rising inequality within and between nations is causing social and economic problems and undermining efforts to eradicate poverty
- Discrimination and injustice are major causes of poverty worldwide.
ACFID’s work on sustainable and inclusive development focuses on:
- Australia’s uptake and action on the Sustainable Development Goal
- Development policy and approaches that tackle climate change
- Initiatives to promote gender equality and women’s empowerment
- A strong and effective Australian aid program
- Building public understanding of the importance of Australia’s aid and development efforts.