ACFID’s newest members are:
· Doctors Assisting In South-Pacific Islands (DAISI®). A not-for-profit organisation providing medical and surgical training and assistance to people of the South-Pacific. Working in collaboration with our South-Pacific neighbours, our aim is to empower and promote self-sufficiency & sustainability resulting in lasting change.
· A Liquid Future. A non-profit organisation enabling the sustainable development of remote surfing communities, with equitable community benefits and protection of marine ecosystems.
· Project Rozana. An international non-governmental organisation (NGO) founded in Australia in 2013 with the aim of using healthcare for building peace between Israelis and Palestinians while strengthening the Palestinian healthcare system.
· St John of God Social Outreach. The international health team, partners on the ground, in the Asia Pacific with governments, local partners and healthcare providers to empower healthcare workers to transform their healthcare systems through clinical and non-clinical support programs. It is part of the not-for-profit organisation St John of God Health Care, one of the largest Catholic providers of healthcare services in Australia.
· REACH for Nepal Foundation. The Foundation helps improve the lives of Nepalese people through projects that enable villages to become more self-sustaining and provide children opportunities for quality education, good health and values.
ACFID President Susan Pascoe AM welcomed the new members, stating:
“In our pursuit of a just and sustainable world, particularly in these trying times, it is incredibly important to continue building a community of development and humanitarian oragnisations. The ACFID community is based on inclusion, equality, and thought leadership. Welcome to our five new members – becoming an ACFID member is a rigorous and time-honoured process in benchmarking your organisation for best-practice.”
ACFID is delighted to welcome these organisations into a network that collaborates across policy, programming, governance, advocacy, and more – all using the extensive experience of the broad and diverse membership.
ACFID’s full list of members can be viewed on our website.
If you are interested in joining ACFID, please contact Raewyn Lans, ACFID’s Member & Stakeholder Engagement Lead via [email protected]