2022-23 ACFID Code of Conduct Review
© Image credit
The ACFID Code of Conduct is periodically reviewed to ensure it continues to reflect good practice and the needs of ACFID and its members. Our sector and the work we do is constantly evolving and the aim of this review is to make sure the Code and associated Quality Assurance Framework remains relevant, coherent, useful and credible to members and external stakeholders.
Beginning July 2022, the Review will consider and revise, if required, the Quality Principles and Commitments in the ACFID Code of Conduct and the Compliance Indicators and Verifiers in the Quality Assurance Framework.
Key questions the Review will ask:
- Are there gaps in the Code which have emerged since the last review of the Code?
- Are there opportunities for greater alignment with other international and domestic standards and regulations?
- Are there opportunities to remove redundancy and overlap within the Code itself?
- Are there areas of the Code which no longer reflect good practice, or require further clarification?
- Is compliance manageable for members and ACFID?
The Review will be guided by the following overarching principles:
- Changes to the Code of Conduct or Quality Assurance Framework will be undertaken on the grounds of necessity not convenience, keeping in mind the impact of changes on members’ compliance requirements;
- The overall architecture and structure of the Code and Quality Assurance Framework shall be maintained; and
- The triennial compliance assessment and reporting cycle shall be maintained
Read the full Terms of Reference.
Read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
The Review is scheduled to finish in November 2023.
Proposed Code of Conduct Changes
Thank you to all members who have contributed their thoughts and ideas to the review of the ACFID Code.
Guided by the recommendations, the Code Secretarait have drafted proposed changes to the Code in the following thematic areas – climate action, locally-led development, and racial justice.
ACFID invites all members to contribue their feedback to these proposed changes. See below for details on how to submit feedback.
Join us for the next series of open workshops to review and provide input on draft changes to the Code and Quality Assurance Framework.
- Sydney – Tuesday 28 March 2023. 9:30am – 2:30pm (AEDT). Register for Sydney workshop. Venue: The Institution of Surveyors NSW – Level 4, 162 Goulburn St, Surry Hills, NSW 2010. Lunch provided
- Melbourne – Thursday 30 March 2023. 9:30am – 2:30pm (AEDT). Register for Melbourne workshop. Venue: AVI National Office – 160 Johnston St, Fitzroy VIC 3065. Lunch provided
- Online – Tuesday 4 April 2023. 1-3pm (AEDT). Register for online workshop. Please note this is primarily for members based outside Sydney and Melbourne.
Participate in Communities of Practice
Do you have a particular interest in climate change, locally-led development of racial justice? The following groups will be assisting ACFID with developing some of the draft changes to the Code that will be presented at the member workshops in March:
- Climate Policy and Practice Community
- Localisation Framework working group
- Racial Justice Community of Practice
Please contact [email protected] if you wish to join a Community of Practice.
ACFID members unable to attend the face-to-face workshops in Sydney, Melbourne, or join the online workshop, can fill out this Survey Monkey form to submit feedback on the proposed changes for the Code.
This survey will take about 20mins.
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to frequently asked questions about the Code Review.
Discussion Paper – August 2022
ACFID released a Discussion Paper outlining key questions to guide the first phase of consultations with ACFID members and stakeholders. Responses were invited from ACFID members, staff, board members, volunteers, partners, and other interested stakeholders.
Consultation Phase: Summary of recommendations – December 2022
This report summarises feedback and propositions from the Consultation Phase of the ACFID Code Review 2022-23. Based on feedback received, the report outlines seven recommendations to guide the next steps in designing and drafting changes to the ACFID Code and Quality Assurance Framework.
Consultation Phase: Summary of proposed changes – March 2023
This report summarises the proposed changes to the Code of Conduct based on the (above) Summary of Recommendations. Guided by the Code of Conduct Committee (CCC), the relevant Communities of Practice (CoP), and the ACFID board, the Code Secretariat have proposed language and phasing changes the ACFID Code and Quality Assurance Framework.
Proposition Testing Workshop – 3 November 2022
Member Information Session – 19 July 2022
If you have any questions about the Code Review please contact Emily Moreton, Standards and Code Lead, at [email protected] or (02) 8123 2237