ACFID Website Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the ACFID website.
2. You agree to use ACFID’s website only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the website by any third party. This includes conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption to the website.
3. You must not post or transmit via ACFID’s website any unlawful, defamatory, obscene, offensive or scandalous material, or any material that constitutes or encourages conduct that would contravene any law.
4. Your use of ACFID’s website does not:
- affect or reduce any obligation owed to you by any Agency;
- reduce any obligation you owe to any Agency.
5. ACFID’s website is not a substitute for independent professional advice and you should obtain any appropriate professional advice relevant to your particular circumstances.
6. Comments on ACFID’s website are provided by, and are the responsibility of, the person or people who made such postings. We do not endorse, support, or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any the comments posted on the website or endorse any of the opinions expressed.
7. We take reasonable care in linking to other websites but we have no direct control over the content presented in those websites or the availability of those websites.
8. We make no representation that the material on any linked websites does not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person. We do not authorise the reproduction of such material.
9. We do not endorse or recommend any links to external websites, or third party content, including products and services offered by, from or through those websites or their content.
10. The development and management of ACFID’s website is coordinated by us; however, some interactions with the website occur on systems under the control of third party business partners.
12. We strive to protect comments and information you provide on this website. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your comments and information are not compromised. However, we cannot guarantee that no harmful code* will enter the website. You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites.
13. We recommend that you use appropriate and up-to-date firewall and anti-virus software to protect your computer systems.
15. In order to participate in, and contribute to the ACFID website, you may be required to register and provide an email address.
16. We will only use and disclose your personal information to a person, body or other Agency:
- to provide you with a service that you have requested;
- as authorised by law, for example, if a law enforcement authority or court order lawfully directs us to disclose the information of a user.
20. We may revise these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
21. Please contact us if you have any questions, problems or feedback regarding our site.
22. If you purchase a product or service made available on the Website, you may be asked to supply certain information including, but not limited to, credit card and address details.
23. You represent and warrant that: (i) you have the legal right to use any credit card(s) or other payment method(s) in connection with your purchase; and that (ii) the information you supply to us is true, correct and complete.
24. By submitting such information, you grant us the right to provide the information to third parties for purposes of facilitating the completion of purchases.
25. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order at any time for reasons including but not limited to: product or service availability, errors in the description or price of the product or service, error in your order; if fraud or an unauthorised or illegal transaction is suspected; or other reasons.
26. The Website is not designed to provide qualitative advice regarding the fitness for purpose and merchantability of any products or services. We strongly advise you to exercise caution and do your own due diligence in conducting any transactions through the Website.
27. If you purchase products or services through the Website, there may be additional terms and conditions relating to the purchase. Please make sure you agree with these terms and conditions, which you will be directed to read prior to making your purchase.
28. We reserve the right to change prices for Products displayed at Australian Council for International Development at any time. All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and include GST.
29. No refunds, credit or replacements are offered if you have changed your mind about the product, make an incorrect choice, or failed to verify and accurately provide information when placing an Order.
* harmful code: Any form of harmful, surreptitious code or other contaminants, including viruses, bugs, Trojan horses, spyware or adware.