About Caritas Australia
At Caritas Australia, we have a vision to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity for all. We partner with the most vulnerable communities to help them build better outcomes by improving access to sustainable livelihoods, clean water, sanitation and education.
Why work for us?
– Flexible working arrangements, to support your work/life balance.
– Advance your career in the direction you choose with professional development and learning opportunities.
– Access to free on-site gym and other health & wellbeing benefits.
– Annual remuneration and benefits reviews, ensuring you are fairly compensated for the work you do.
– Not-for-Profit salary packaging, reducing the tax you pay and increasing your take-home pay.
Why is this an exciting opportunity?
The Bid and Impact Funding Lead will support Caritas Australia’s growth and impact through researching, designing and activating innovative approaches to income generation.
What does the role involve?
Reporting to the Impact Director, the Bid and Impact Funding Lead will partner with technical experts across Caritas Australia to research, analyse and activate innovative approaches to income generation, including impact investment, social enterprise, cross-sector partnerships and shared value projects. Other key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
– Identifying DFAT and multilateral grant opportunities for Caritas Australia across strategically aligned technical and geographic portfolios.
– Managing assessment of grant opportunities, pre-solicitation / pre-proposal activities, proposal coordination and submission.
– Research, analyse and activate innovative approaches to income generation, including impact investment, social enterprise, cross-sector partnerships and shared value projects
– Managing and coordinate agreements, oversight of technical design and costing, capacity statements, internal review / quality control processes.
– Representing Caritas Australia’s business development interests at relevant meetings and events.
Who are we looking for?
For this role, we are seeking a pro-active and interpersonal individual, with a mix of the following qualifications, skills and experience:
– Extensive experience with Australian Government bid and tender processes and solicitation; substantive experience in proposal development.
– Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
– Ability to effectively communicate with, and coordinate activities of multiple partners, including field-based staff.
– Excellent technical skills in writing, editing, formatting, research, negotiation, and verbal communications.
– A willingness and ability to travel internationally, sometimes with little notice.
All applicants must have full Australian working rights and be available to work from our Sydney Office at least two days per week.
Our commitment to safeguarding – Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of all people, especially children and vulnerable adults. As part of your employment, you will be required to undergo relevant background checks (Police Checks, Working with Children Checks, Reference Checks), abide by our safeguarding policies and sign our Code of Conduct including Professional Behaviour Standards for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults.
Our commitment to diversity – At Caritas Australia, we support an inclusive and diverse workforce. In particular we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
Our commitment to safety and wellbeing – Depending on your role, Caritas Australia may require you to undertake health checks or receive vaccinations to ensure your safety and wellbeing at work.