Join Impact Pathways, a social enterprise subsidiary company of Plan International Australia as we seek to deliver positive impact for children and young people, and where girls can take their place as equals. Be part of a dedicated small team that is building our company and its business.
As the Business Services Manager, you will be responsible for helping launch, build and drive a valuable new impact-oriented organisation, owned and supported by seed funding from PIA, delivering commercial consulting in a values-focused social enterprise which prioritises rights for children and equality for girls, and designing and leading a venture to be nimble enough to respond to opportunities for impact in commercial or fee-for-service contract settings. The location for this role is flexible.
Who are we?
Impact Pathways Pty Ltd is a for-profit entity, wholly owned by Plan International Australia initially focused on strategic consulting. Its main priority is to deliver more impact in-line with Plan International Australia’s mission by:
- complimenting Plan’s existing structure by providing a flexible operating environment for rapid innovation and exploration of new opportunities.
- evolving to a scalable business model with lean yet effective processes, sector recognised capability, and a mission aligned culture which will equip it to successfully compete for commercial funding in the international development sector.
- offering the opportunity to deliver a unique and separate strategy while staying true to Plan’s mission and values, through new and different mechanisms not accessible by PIA.
We operate internationally across multiple country and regional markets.
What does the job entail?
Given the start-up stage of the company, an average day in the role will be varied but focused on the following duties:
Business Operations Management:
- Establish, oversee and maintain operational systems and business processes necessary for Impact Pathways business model and growth strategy
- Together with the IP Managing Director, oversee and track implementation and delivery of IP services and contracts
- Oversee and maintain IP’s financial management systems and reporting, including the development and monitoring of budgets and forecasts
- Apply and maintain risk and quality assurance systems necessary to ensure Impact Pathways operates within acceptable risk parameters, and builds a reputation for delivering high quality services
- Identify and take timely and appropriate measures to resolve risks and difficulties in project implementation
- Where appropriate, lead and manage IP business asset projects and initiatives, including product development
- Support business development processes, procedures and activities, including: coordination with IP partners to identify and coordinate opportunity identification and bid preparation; coordinate and manage IP contracted business development resources; and, leading and/or supporting bid processes and submissions where required
- Report on business development status and progress
- Utilise business networks to build new commercial partnerships for Impact Pathways and coordinate with business partners in target locations
- Represent Impact Pathways externally where required
Business Services Support:
- Where appropriate and required, lead or support service inception and provision, including project inception and setup, client liaison, and playing a direct role on service projects
- Assist with, and where appropriate lead on the development of project plans
- Where appropriate, provide on-site support and remediation to IP service projects
Who are you?
We are looking for someone who loves flexibility and making business, and who is self-driven and confident in taking on responsibility.
In particular we are looking for:
- Demonstrable experience in managing consultancy services, contract management and/or business development in the international development sector
- Demonstrable experience in acquisition and growth of a portfolio of consulting and/or contract management work
- Understanding and experience of operational management within the commercial consulting sector and able to work within a lean start-up context
- We operate in a hybrid and/or remote model, working from home or the office.
- We have an open workplace in a central location in Southbank, Melbourne
- A flexible and supportive workplace culture to make space for the other important parts of your life.
Hours, pay and start date
This is a full-time role on an eighteen-month contract term. The pay will range from $120k-$140k per annum, plus Super. We are looking for someone to begin the role as soon as possible but can be flexible on start time.
Read the full Position Description and see whether you think the role is right for you. If you’re interested, apply before 13th November 2023. Include in your application how your skills align with the criteria as set out in the PD.
Once we’ve got these, if you advance to the next stage, you will be contacted and invited to an interview, either online or face-to-face at the office.