- Do you want to do work that really matters? Help us end avoidable blindness.
- Full time, Permanent role anywhere in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane (other remote locations considered)
- Flexible work from home arrangements available.
- Be part of one of the most ambitious and exciting digital programs in the sector
ABOUT THE FRED HOLLOWS FOUNDATION
The Foundation is an international development organisation working to prevent blindness and restore sight. We continue to carry on the legacy of Professor Fred Hollows, who believed every person had the right to quality eye care, no matter where they live. The Foundation has grown to work in more than 25 countries throughout Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific, as well as Australia. The Foundation has restored sight to more than 3 million people worldwide. We have an ambitious five-year strategic plan that aims to take us even closer to realising our vision of a world in which no person is needlessly blind, or vision impaired and Indigenous Australians exercise their right to sight and good health.
The Foundation is also proud to announce that we were awarded the Employer of Choice Award (Public Sector and NFP) at the 2022 Australian HR Awards.
The Digital Team at The Foundation has a clear and ambitious purpose: to future proof The Foundation’s impact by embedding and optimising digital strategies and empowering our people with digital expertise. We aim to be at the cutting edge of digital marketing in the sector in Australia. Our exciting technology, data and content project roadmaps make The Foundation a great place to work if you are a digital professional looking to use your talents to do good in the world.
You‘re an experienced digital specialist who lives and breathes digital culture. You’re creatively minded and skilled at working with a range of stakeholders to generate creative concepts. You have excellent copywriting skills across a range of digital disciplines and experienced working with clients using briefs. Additionally, you are able to work effectively to deadline and managing multiple streams of work, and you can produce written content at pace while preserving quality. And you have a drive to do all of these things in the service of a great cause at one of Australia’s most trusted charities.
The Digital Content Specialist is responsible for creating content that inspires people to support The Foundation globally. The role is accountable for specific elements of our digital content production output, predominately focused on copy writing, but is also a key contributor to the creative and editorial direction of all online material. This includes content production for EDM, digital advertising and websites, across fundraising and brand strategies, largely in the Australia market but also supporting our international offices. This role has editorial and quality-control responsibilities and is an important voice in all digital creative ideation.
- EDM content: Support the Email Marketing Strategy by devising concepts/topics for EDM campaigns as part of a wider team, then changing gear to writing copy for these campaigns using fundraising best practice and creative flair to engage and motivate target audiences. This includes editorial accountability and responsibility for key EDM creative metrics.
- Web content and SEO: Guided by your manager, deliver the SEO Strategy with written web content based on existing keyword research. Execute on our strategy to make Hollows.org a world-class online information resource for various strategic topics that will rank highly in search engines across a range of targeted keywords to grow organic traffic.
- Digital advertising content: Develop written ad copy, campaign straplines, ad test ideas and landing page content for digital advertising campaigns, fit for platforms/channels such as paid social and search. Iterate based on results such as click-through rate, conversions, and other engagement metrics.
- In partnership with the Senior Digital Producer, publish and edit website content as requested by internal teams. Be a point of contact for internal website requests and manage this pipeline of work with excellent attention to detail, organisational skills, and stakeholder management. Quality control and general writing requests: Proof and edit all digital copy outputs for grammar, spelling, tone and overall quality. Live and breathe our key messages and style guide. Fulfill internal briefs for various written content, which might include blog posts, EDMs, landing page copy, or offline copy writing requests from time to time.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Experience in effective copywriting for digital advertising, web and EDM
- Experience generating creative ideas in a collaborative environment.
- Experience in using the written word to engage, influence and inspire, to brief and across various styles.
- Experience in working to deadlines and keeping to pace while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience in SEO best-practice content production
- Experience in using digital metrics to measure content impact, such as click-through and engagement rates, organic search, page rank.
- Experience in a similar organisation/charity/NGO with a fundraising focus
- Experience facilitating creative ideation sessions.
- Experience with graphic design/image editing tools
- Experience in SEO keyword research (tools such as SEMrush)
- Experience in broader digital disciplines; social, digital advertising, on-site A/B testing
- Experience using digital platforms Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads
HOW WE RECOGNISE YOUR CONTRIBUTION
Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where you will feel supported and empowered. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or finding an environment which enables you to thrive while balancing family or personal commitments, we have a range of programs in place to support you. Including:
- Generous salary packaging – we provide access to not-for-profit salary packaging options, which will increase your take home pay, we also offer 17.5% annual leave loading.
- Flexible work environment – we focus on output, not hours and enable you to prioritise your health and wellbeing.
- Generous leave allowances – we offer Paid parental leave; 5 days bonus leave every year; an annual Foundation-wide “Me Day”; Birthday Leave; and time off for culturally significant/ceremonial leave.
- Ongoing commitment to your continuous learning and career development – through tailored leadership and professional development programs, access to Linkedin Learning and focused development conversations.
Please apply directly via the “Apply” Button. Please include a Cover letter as part of your application. Should you have any questions regarding the opportunity please reach out to our Talent Acquisition Specialist, at [email protected] for a confidential conversation. Kindly note that CVs will not be considered through this email address.
Please apply as soon as possible, as we will be contacting successful candidates prior to the advert closing.
Applications Close: Thursday 12th of October 2023
Please note: We can only accept applications from NSW, VIC, ACT, NT, QLD.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this position.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children and community partners in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.
Please note: We will not be accepting CV’s via agencies for this role.