Finance and Administration Assistant
(Part-Time, 4 days a week. Location: Torrensville, SA)
● Do you have a passion for international Christian aid and mission?
● Do you seek to use your finance and administrative professional skills in a mission-oriented organisation?
● Do you possess 3+ years finance experience using Xero accounting software?
About Global Mission Partners
Global Mission Partners is a holistic Christian mission and development organisation, committed to transformative partnerships, internationally and with Indigenous Australians. Global Mission Partnerships is affiliated with the Churches of Christ in Australia and is fully accredited by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). It currently has programs in 12 countries across South Asia, Africa and the Pacific region.
About the Role
We are seeking a suitable candidate for the position of Finance & Administration Assistant within our Operations Team to ensure the organisation is well-run to support our partners overseas and in Australia. This position requires a positive team player with strong finance and administrative skills (min 3 years using Xero), including accounts receivable and payable, payroll and general administration so we can achieve our goal of life-changing partnerships.
This new position will report to the Financial Accountant and operate from our finance and administration office located in Torrensville, SA.
1. Donation Receipting:
• To receipt and process donations into Salesforce promptly and accurately.
• Ensure accurate recording of donations.
• To response to emails
• Banking and mail-box maintenance.
2. Payroll Support:
• Oversee the accurate and timely processing of payroll for employees.
• Maintain accurate employee personnel files.
• Assist in implementing and updating HR policies and procedures to ensure compliance with employment laws and regulations.
• Oversee the accurate and timely process of exempt Benefit.
• Prepare payroll reports.
• Ensure the ATO and Superannuation payments are paid within the required time frames.
• Calculation of staff leave entitlements, including long service leave, as required.
• End of financial year payroll processing. Including the balancing and production of payment through Single Touch Payroll (STP).
• Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures.
• Assistance with HR administration duties.
• Complete payroll reconciliations as required.
• Daily bank and credit card reconciliations (XERO)
• Process invoices, expenses claims, Fringe Benefit in a timely manner.
• Maintain accurate and up to date financial records including accounts payable and receivable, general ledger entries, bank reconciliations and payroll.
• Assist with end of month financial reports and all year end duties.
• Provide general administrative support, including managing phone calls, emails and correspondence, Uploading staff meeting to Google Drive filing, ordering office supplies, other ad-hoc duties as requested.
• Provide administrative support to Operations Team, Engagement Team and Partnerships Team.
• Tertiary qualifications in Accounting and Finance.
• 3+ years’ proven experience in bookkeeping, accounting or finance roles.
• Proficiency in XERO accounting software
• Proficient in using Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Familiarity with Salesforce CRM (preferable)
• NFP experience is preferred but not essential.
• Excellent attention to details and accuracy in financial record keeping.
• Highly organised and process driven.
• Strong Team player.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
How to Apply:
Please apply by responding to the position description requirements (max 2 pages) and
provide a CV (max 2 pages) demonstrating your relevant experience, addressed to the HR Support, Melinda Van Vuuren (m[email protected]). CV-only applications will not be considered.
Applications close: Friday, 27/10/2023