• Do you want to do work that really matters? Help us end avoidable blindness
• Full time, Permanent Role based in Sydney or Melbourne (Flexible work from home arrangements available)
• Closing Date: Sunday 9th of April 2023
ABOUT THE FRED HOLLOWS FOUNDATION
The Foundation is an international development organisation working to prevent blindness and restore sight. We continue to carry on the legacy of Professor Fred Hollows, who believed every person had the right to quality eye care, no matter where they live. The Foundation has grown to work in more than 25 countries throughout Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific, as well as Australia. The Foundation has restored sight to more than 3 million people worldwide. We have an ambitious five-year strategic plan that aims to take us even closer to realising our vision of a world in which no person is needlessly blind or vision impaired and Indigenous Australians exercise their right to sight and good health.
The Foundation is also proud to announce that we were awarded the Employer of Choice Award (Public Sector and NFP) at the 2022 Australian HR Awards.
To be successful in this role you will need to have a strong background in financial and business reporting across international business environments, as well as experience with accounting systems and reporting. You should have a proven track record in educating, supporting, and engaging with business users in the rollout of finance and adjunct systems, and be able to work effectively in cross-cultural/mixed language environments.
Additionally, you should have experience with business requirements, system selection, and solution design, and be able to work effectively in an agile environment while managing your time and leading projects independently. Your problem-solving skills should be well-developed, and you should be able to apply sound judgment when proposing solutions.
The Finance Business Analyst is responsible for working closely with the Finance team to assist the development, support, and implementation of the Finance Transformation Roadmap as we reconsider, replace or upgrade ancillary and related systems, modules and functions.
This includes assisting in designing new reporting, data management and training of business users in all aspects of the new systems including reporting and analytics environment including forecasting and budgeting processes.
The Analyst will also play a key role in handling ad hoc requests for detailed analyses – understanding the business needs, the capabilities of existing systems and data sets, and finding ways to address business needs with existing data working with senior leaders in The Foundation.
The Finance Business Analyst will be responsible for:
• Provide insights and commercial accum to maximize our impact including partnering in business case development, milestone reporting/impacts and monitoring expected outcomes.
• Assist decision support for go/no go resolutions.
• Partner with the business on new strategic initiatives including tracking and reporting to improve accountability culture.
• Assist in the development, support and implementation of the Finance transformation roadmap working with the team and relevant steering committees.
• Assist the rollout of agreed dashboards, reports and analytical data sets by educating, supporting and engaging with the key business stakeholders.
• Reconcile, review, and suggest pathways to improve data quality across all data sources to ensure accuracy, reliability, and timeliness of reporting for all stakeholders.
• Conduct regular review and feedback sessions to identify gaps and future business needs to support ongoing improvements and developments in reporting and analytics, processes, and integrations.
• Collaborate with the business and IT teams to support new business systems, integrations, and process changes to continually improve organisation data and analysis to facilitate improved business decision making.
• Support and drive a business partnership approach by ensuring a culture of accountability, responsiveness, engagement, and collaboration within The Foundation to ensure actions are shared.
• Conduct (or support the Finance team to conduct) in-depth analyses of data to satisfy unusual or ad hoc reporting needs.
• Other tasks as requested by your manager.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
• Strong experience working with financial and business reporting across international business environments.
• Accounting systems and reporting
• Strong experience in educating, supporting, and engaging with business users in the rollout of finance and adjunct systems.
• Strong experience with business requirements, system selection and solution design
• Proven experience working an agile environment and can self-lead and manage time effectively.
• Well-developed problem-solving skills and can apply sound judgment when proposing solutions.
• Demonstrated capacity to work effectively in cross cultural/ mixed language environments.
• Familiarity with concepts of change management and end user experience
• Experience writing practical communications, user guides and instructions to support process and system changes.
How we recognise your contribution
Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where you will feel supported and empowered. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or finding an environment which enables you to thrive while balancing family or personal commitments, we have a range of programs in place to support you. Including:
• Generous salary packaging – we provide access to not-for-profit salary packaging options, which will increase your take home pay, we also offer 17.5% annual leave loading
• Flexible work environment – we focus on output, not hours and enable you to prioritise your health and wellbeing
• Generous leave allowances – we offer Paid parental leave; 5 days bonus leave every year; an annual Foundation-wide “Me Day”; and time off for culturally significant/ceremonial leave
• Ongoing commitment to your continuous learning and career development – through tailored leadership and professional development programs, access to Linkedin Learning and focused development conversations.
To find out more about our benefits click here
Please apply directly via the “Apply” Button. Should you have any questions regarding the opportunity please reach out to our Talent Acquisition Specialist, at [email protected] for a confidential conversation. Kindly note that CVs will not be considered through this email address.
Applications Close: Sunday 9th of April 2023
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this position.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children and community partners in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment. The Foundation is also committed to protecting the health of our beneficiaries, donors and partners and require incumbents of this role to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where medical conditions may make vaccination harmful to their health).
Please note: We will not be accepting CV’s via agencies for this role.