ABOUT indigo foundation
indigo foundation is an innovative, independent community development organisation based in Australia. We commit ourselves to long-term respectful partnerships with local community-based organisations.
For almost 20 years, we have supported grassroots organisations in some of the most marginalised communities around the world to define and implement their development goals – be that getting children into school and training teachers, empowering girls and women or supporting cooperative garden initiatives to improve food security. Over time, we have built a strong reputation for delivering exceptional, cost-effective and transformative results.
Accountable to: Executive Director and working closely with Treasurer
- Undertake all financial administration duties, including:
- Recording all financial transactions in the accounting software (zero)
- Oversight of bank accounts
- Processing of monthly donations and production of year-end tax receipts for monthly donors
- Receipting of donor funds
- Receiving expense requisition & claim forms, checking against budget and recommend payment in accordance with indigo procedures
- Administering payroll system for indigo foundation employees, including superannuation
- Maintaining accounting records
- Preparing Annual budget (30 June financial year)
- Preparing quarterly financial Board reports
- quarterly forecast update
- variance report
- commitment agreement spreadsheet update
- balance sheet, profit & loss account, account reconciliation and transactions report
- Manage the annual audit, including providing all required information and answering audit queries
- Preparing and lodging BAS statements and GST requirements
- Provide financial information (including reconciliations from all fundraising activities) to any approved parties should this be necessary
- Provide advice to the ED, Treasurer, other staff and Partnership Coordinators on financial policies and procedures
- Provide feedback on ways in which indigo foundation can improve its work.
- Regular submission of timesheets.
- Other related duties as required
- Good understanding of bookkeeping procedures
- Good understanding of accounting principles including accrual accounting, reconciliations, general ledger, journals and financial reporting
- Knowledge of accounting software (indigo uses Xero) including payroll, superannuation calculation, preparing and lodging BAS statements for ATO
- Working experience with Excel spreadsheets
- Knowledge of electronic banking
- Communication skills
- Demonstrated teamwork skills and ability to work autonomously in a virtual environment
- Commitment to the vision and mission of indigo foundation