ChildFund Australia is an independent international development organisation working to reduce poverty for children in developing communities. Our mission is to partner to create communities and systems change, which enables vulnerable children and young people, in all their diversity, to assert and realise their rights.
About the role
Regular Giving is the cornerstone of ChildFund Australia’s overall Fundraising strategy, and continuing to maintain and grow income received through Regular Giving channels is essential for funding our many international development projects. The Fundraising Specialist, as part of the Regular Giving Team, will help maintain and grow income received through face-to face (F2F) and Telemarketing programs; among other things, they will be responsible for acquisition activities including upgrades, conversions, and reactivations.
We’re always looking for ambitious & talented people looking to further their careers in Fundraising & in the International Development sector, so we strongly encourage all to apply, even if you feel you don’t meet all of the requirements right now!
- An excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills and an ability to develop strong relationships?
- Highly organised and self-motivated, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines?
- A critical thinker who seeks opportunities to streamline processes and improve performance?
- Someone with the analytic skills necessary to effectively draw meaningful conclusions from results and data trends?
- A confident and inspiring trainer with great presentation skills?
If so, you sound like someone ready to work alongside like-minded individuals to create lasting change for children and young people!
- Build and maintain effective working relationships to ensure program needs are met and Key Performance Indicators are achieved
- Provide content for telemarketing scripts and deliver training to ensure agencies are adequately resourced, trained, and inspired
- Conduct quality checks, including mystery shopping and call listening, to ensure agencies are maintaining a high standard of work
- Lead and develop supply chain audits to ensure best possible fundraising practice in line with government and regulatory bodies such as the PFRA, FIA, and Fair Work Ombudsman
- Maintain a robust complaints procedure to ensure the organisations brand and identity is well represented
- Ensure invoicing is accurate, in accordance with program activity, and tracking against targets and budgets
- Analyse data to ensure data integrity, accurate reporting, and to identify opportunities to improve overall performance of programs
- Attend events and user groups to keep abreast of industry trends and to develop and diversify channels beyond existing program
- Manage and develop acquisition, conversion, upgrade, and reactivation programs across telemarketing and face-to-face fundraising
- Promote and integrate gender equality, disability, and social inclusion into day-to-day work.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding or sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment (SEAH) risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding and PSEAH policy and procedures, and conduct yourself consistent with those policies.
Qualifications & Experience
- Comprehensive understanding of regular giving fundraising across F2F, Telemarketing, and Digital. Experience working as an account manager or in a similar role
- Experience in managing projects and campaigns from concept to completion Experience working in a results-oriented environment and drawing meaningful conclusions from data
- Experience in training and developing individuals and small groups
Desirable Experience & Qualifications
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector, ideally International Development
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Business, Fundraising, or another relevant discipline
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in Fundraising
Department: Regular Giving, Fundraising
Location: ChildFund Australia, Level 8, 162 Goulburn Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010
Employment: Full time
Reports to: Regular Giving Manager
Other Information: Must have full working rights in Australia.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so please don’t hesitate to apply as soon as possible!
Please contact People & Culture via. [email protected] if you have any other questions about the role. You can view the full position description at https://www.childfund.org.au/work-with-us/
In line with our values, diversity of people and ideas is critical to our work and our success at ChildFund Australia. We strive for a team culture that is welcoming, inclusive and supportive. Childfund is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and strongly encourages people from all backgrounds, abilities, and identities to apply for any vacancies.
ChildFund Australia believes in a global community where children are safe and can reach their full potential. We take extensive steps to safeguard children in any work done by our people, i.e., our staff, volunteers and interns, supporters, partners, board members, ambassadors and suppliers. We strive to keep children safe through child safe practices, and rigorously ensure we prevent, oppose, and combat all exploitation and abuse of children and vulnerable people. As part of this commitment, all people working with us will undergo relevant background checks before joining ChildFund Australia.