- Full time, Permanent Role based In Sydney.
- Flexible work from home arrangements available, no mandated days in the office!
- Do you want to do work that really matters? Help us end avoidable blindness.
ABOUT THE FRED HOLLOWS FOUNDATION
The Foundation is an international development organisation working to prevent blindness and restore sight. We continue to carry on the legacy of Professor Fred Hollows, who believed every person had the right to quality eye care, no matter where they live. The Foundation has grown to work in more than 25 countries throughout Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific, as well as Australia. The Foundation has restored sight to more than 2.5 million people worldwide. We have an ambitious five-year strategic plan that aims to take us even closer to realising our vision of a world in which no person is needlessly blind, or vision impaired and Indigenous Australians exercise their right to sight and good health.
The Foundation is also proud to announce that we were awarded the Employer of Choice Award (Public Sector and NFP) at the 2022 Australian HR Awards.
The Head of Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for leading the forecasting, analysis and commercial support of the Foundation, ensuring the integrity of the planning processes, the production of accurate and reliable financial accounts and meaningful management reporting, the implementation of financial policies across the group, developing the key financial capabilities in our offices, maximising the systemisation and integration of the financial systems and ensuring the requisite controls and financial framework exists for the grants contracted to The Foundation
You will be an experienced Head of Finance with a genuine interest in joining one of australis most well know and respected INGOs. You will have outstanding organisational skills, attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines. You will also have demonstrated capacity to work productively and collaboratively in a team. Additionally, you will be an excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, able to work with diverse stakeholder with a customer focused mindset.
- Leading a commercially focused business partnering service to all divisions of The Foundation to maximize the financial understanding of organisational performance, the cause of variances to plan and actively contribute to developing strategies to mitigate the implications of the variations and achieve annual targets.
- Manage the development of the Annual Budget and both formal and informal Forecasts for the organisation, plus continuously seek refinement and alternate approaches to simplify and improve the approach and systemization of the planning processes.
- Leading the production of accurate and reliable financial accounts and management reports for FHF Group, subsidiaries, and divisions
- Supporting the development and ensuring the implementation of relevant and appropriate financial policies and procedures for all group offices and ensuring the financial capacity and capabilities within The Foundation are appropriate to current and future requirements.
- Ensuring a high standard of financial and non-financial systems cohesion and continuously develop creative solutions for enhanced systemization of manual financial processes whilst ensuring technical accuracy of the accounting system outputs and managing key elements of the consolidated financial results of The Foundation
- Leading the establishment, implementation, and ongoing adoption of the financial framework of The Foundation’s global donor grants program
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Strong experience as a global operating environment in a multi entity environment
- Demonstrated ability to guide and develop organisational financial literacy and capacity in appropriate financial practices and executing this through collaboration and leveraging positive relationships with stakeholders.
- Strong experience in leading and developing the skills of finance teams in an international environment.
- Experience in implementing FP&A tools and broad finance transformation leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to balance team leadership and guidance with a willing detailed hands-on work ethic that ensures deep subject matter knowledge plus completeness, timeliness, and accuracy of the output of the team.
- Experience in health sector
How we recognise your contribution
Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where you will feel supported and empowered. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or finding an environment which enables you to thrive while balancing family or personal commitments, we have a range of programs in place to support you. Including:
- Generous salary packaging – we provide access to not-for-profit salary packaging options, which will increase your take home pay, we also offer 17.5% annual leave loading.
- Flexible work environment – we focus on output, not hours and enable you to prioritise your health and wellbeing.
- Generous leave allowances – we offer Paid parental leave; 5 days bonus leave every year; an annual Foundation-wide “Me Day”; and time off for culturally significant/ceremonial leave
- Ongoing commitment to your continuous learning and career development – through tailored leadership and professional development programs, access to LinkedIn Learning and focused development conversations.
Please apply directly via the “Apply” Button, please include a CV and Cover Letter. Should you have any questions regarding the opportunity please reach out to our Talent Acquisition Specialist, at [email protected] for a confidential conversation. Kindly note that CVs will not be considered through this email address.
Applications Close: Tuesday 12th of December 2023
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this position.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children and community partners in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.
Please note: We will not be accepting CV’s via agencies for this role.