We are here for our neighbours in need, who are suffering in this broken world.
ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
ZOA is looking for a
Manager of Operations in Iraq
ZOA’s programme in Iraq
Since 2014 ZOA has been working among the most vulnerable people affected by the different conflicts in Iraq. Over the years ZOA developed a multisectoral programme focusing on Food Security and Agricultural development plus Education and Peacebuilding. ZOA has developed a portfolio and reputation on Climate Smart Agriculture training and Disaster Risk Reduction in drought, as well as experience in value chain development through Public Private Partnerships. In the Education and Peacebuilding sector, ZOA focuses on community re-integration and social cohesion in combination with Preventing Violent Extremism. ZOA has a country office in Erbil and base office in Mosul. Programme areas are Tel Afar, Sinjar, Kirkuk, Duhok and Baghdad.
As Manager of Operations in Iraq you will be responsible for effective and efficient management and control of all operational processes and managing the Finance and Operations team at Country Office level. This includes Finances, HR, Logistics, Administration, IT and Security. In this role you will be part of the Country Management Team.
As Manager of Operations you will be directly managing operations team that includes nine staff members. Within the operations you will be heading the departments of finance, logistics, and human resources.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
• Translating ZOA’s worldwide HR policies and procedures into the local cultural setting and the
implementation of HR policies and procedures;
• Monitoring HR compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations;
• Supervising staff recruitment processes;
• Ensuring that Terms & Conditions of employment comply with local legal requirements.
• Contributing to the Country Strategy and Annual Plan, with a specific task in preparing the corresponding
annual budget and financial sections;
• Development of monthly and quarterly financial management information at country organisation and at
Programme Organisation level;
• Preparation of country annual accounts, in accordance with relevant legislation and regulations;
• Monitoring finance compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations;
• Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports at country organisation and program organisation
• Managing financial audits and responding to audit reports.
• Maintaining country specific policies and procedures in the fields of Finance, HR management, Security,
Logistics and procurement in compliance with ZOA global quality management framework and IT;
• Maintaining Country administrative manual (finance, HR, procurement) and ensuring compliance;
• Monitoring of and support to program organisations on processes and procedures related to Finance, HR
management, Security, Logistics and procurement and IT.
• Implementation of IT policies and procedures in compliance with ZOA’s worldwide framework;
• Implementation of logistical policies and procedures in compliance with ZOA’s worldwide framework;
• Monitoring and evaluation of logistical policies and procedures.
• Supporting the Country Director to enforce adherence to the security rules and instructions as described in
the ZOA security handbook and the local security plan;
• Supporting the Country Director that all staff members attend a security training, receive a security briefing
and all receive and understand the Local Security Plan
• The candidate is expected to fully support the vision, mission and Christian values of ZOA;
• Leading by example: reflect our values internally and externally.
Knowledge and experience
• Bachelor degree in financial management or auditing;
• Experience in operations/logistics and HR and knowledge of and experience in HR;
• Command of English is essential;
• Experience and affinity with various software tools (ERP-Unit4, Sharepoint, MS Office);
• Good knowledge and experience of working with international institutional donors in the sector;
• More than 3 years’ experience in a similar senior level position in recovery or development settings in
• Candidates with experience in the Middle-Eastern countries will be preferred.
• Takes initiative to improve processes and procedures;
• Knows how to prioritize;
• Flexible conduct;
• Strong communicator;
• People oriented leadership;
• Travel – the candidate is required to travel upto 25% of the time to the field to oversee operations.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Heline Wielink (HR Advisor) email [email protected]
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via: Manager of Operations Iraq
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. An assessment may be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.
Please note that ZOA carries out background and reference checks (including COTER: check your name on counter-terrorism lists) for all candidates as part of the recruitment process. As ZOA participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, all reference checks include a written questionnaire: the “Statement of Conduct”, which will be sent to past employers regarding Misconduct (such as sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment).