Are you passionate about driving sustainability and climate resilience in developing nations? We are seeking a dedicated and innovative Monitoring and Data Program Officer to join our dynamic team!
The Global EverGreening Alliance (The Alliance) is an international NGO, which coordinates the development and implementation of large-scale land restoration programs. It’s members include World Vision, CARE International, Oxfam, Catholic Relief Services, Conservation International, The Nature Conservancy, the World Resources Institute and The World Agroforestry Centre.
The Alliance was established to create and apply long-term solutions to the global problems of land degradation and climate change. This is done through a collaborative approach with an emphasis on evergreening practices: regenerative farming that integrates trees into crop and livestock production systems of smallholder farms. In June 2022, the Alliance launched Restore Africa, the largest community-based land restoration program in Africa. More than 1,8 million hectares of degraded land will be restored through sustainable land management practices in six countries: Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi and Uganda, improving the livelihoods of more than 2 million households and capturing more than 80 million tons of CO2 in the process.
The Global Evergreening Alliance’s Research, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (RMEL) team is seeking a dynamic and resourceful Monitoring and Data Program Officer to support the implementation and continuous development of; data collection tools for use in Global Evergreening Alliance projects, data management, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and the Global Restoration Monitor across organisational projects.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist the Monitoring and Data Lead in developing and implementing data collection tools for Global Evergreening Alliance’s land restoration projects across Africa and Asia.
- Develop and implement Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and data collection training for Global Evergreening Alliance and its partners.
- Produce visualisations (interactive and static) of Global Evergreening Alliance’s project data to convey information in an efficient and interesting manner to multiple stakeholders.
- Develop web-based GIS applications and mapping tools for project monitoring purposes.
- Assist in the development of data quality and assurance protocols.
- Effectively manage project data from Global Evergreening Alliance’s stakeholders, ensuring data integrity and compliance with relevant standards.
- Disseminate Global Evergreening Alliance’s monitoring work in technical fora, relevant workshops, seminars and professional journals.
- Connect and develop productive relationships with formal and informal networks on land management, carbon credits and Geographical Information Systems.
Key Selection Criteria
- A minimum of four years of experience working as a GIS analyst/officer.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and implementing data collection tools within project settings.
- Demonstrated experience in creating data visualisations (static and/or interactive maps, dashboards).
- Demonstrated experience or working knowledge of QGIS and/or QField.
- Demonstrated experience using ArcPro/ArcMap and ArcGIS Online applications (Field Map, Survey 123, Experience Builder).
- Demonstrated experience in database base design, management, and data quality control.
- Interest in the environmental topics of land degradation, afforestation, reforestation and carbon credits.
- Flexible and innovative mindset with the ability to think outside the box.
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to effectively manage own workload to meet deadlines and deliver impactful outcomes.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position you must have the right to work in Australia. Please provide your resume and a cover letter clearly addressing the Key Selection Criteria in your application. Only candidates who address the selection criteria will be considered for shortlisting.
Applications will be reviewed as they come in, please submit your application as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]
The Global EverGreening Alliance has zero tolerance for child abuse, discrimination, harassment, and workplace bullying. All staff, including volunteers, are required to sign an acknowledgement and adhere strictly to the organisation’s child protection, safeguarding and other policies. In addition, the successful applicant will need to provide a recent Australian Police Record Check and a current Working with Children Check card.