• Support Australian High Commission (AHC) Nauru to deliver the Nauru Health Transition Package
• Desk-based with up to six trips to Nauru over the contract period
• AUD$13,820 -16,584 inclusive of superannuation, Part time (0.6 FTE – maximum of 120 days over 10 months)
• Fixed term contract from March 2023 – December 2023 with the possibility of an extension
About the Program
Managed by Abt Associates, the Specialist Health Service (SHS) provides strategic input on health to the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). The SHS is the primary source from which DFAT accesses health and development expertise and advisory services to improve the quality of health programming across DFAT’s global and regional health portfolio, through enabling access to responsive technical advice and support.
About the Opportunity
The Nauru Health Sector Support Program (NHSSP) ended in June 2022. All of Australia’s investments to the Nauru health sector 2018 to 2022 have recently been independently reviewed. A design process will be initiated in early 2023, with a new health program expected to mobilise in 2024. In the interim, DFAT is continuing support for health in Nauru through a transition package. The Nauru Health Transition Package covers the period 1 July 2022 to 31 December 2023 with the possibility of an extension to mid-2024.
Nauru Health Transition and Performance Lead will support the Australian High Commission (AHC) Nauru to ensure that the Health Transition Package is delivered, managed effectively and achieves its outcomes.
The Nauru Health Transition and Performance Lead will:
• Support AHC to effectively manage the Health Transition Package to ensure a coordinated and coherent approach to implementation
• Lead on Program Monitoring & Evaluation for the Transition
• Ensure that Gender Equality, Disability and Social inclusion (GEDSI) considerations are integrated into transition activities and Ministry of Health and Medical Services (MHMS) is supported to begin to mainstream GEDSI.
We are seeking an individual with the following skills and experience:
• Strong experience of managing development programs and implementation experience in complex operating environments
• Demonstrated experience providing health technical advisory support
• Relevant public health post-graduate qualification and/or experience working in the health sector
• Demonstrated experience and expertise in development program monitoring and evaluation
• Proven capacity to work effectively and strategically with a range of stakeholders and support improved coordination and aid effectiveness
• Working knowledge and experience of integrating GEDSI considerations into health policy and programming
• Ability to work independently and navigate complexity with a solution focused approach
• Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with stakeholders in a cross-cultural context
• Strong verbal and written skills and the ability to convey information in concise and clear language
• Experience working in Nauru or other small Pacific Island Countries highly desirable
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single requirement for a position. At Abt Associates we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every role requirement, we encourage you to apply in any case. You may be just the right candidate for this or for other roles.
How to Apply
Please submit your application online; attach your cover letter and CV as a single document, addressing how you meet the requirements of this role.
Email us at [email protected] if you have any questions about the role and /or the process.
We welcome and thank all applications, however due to the anticipated volume of submissions, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: Midnight on 29 January 2023 (AEST time)
Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader with a proven track record in complex program implementation in the international development sector. We offer bold solutions and technical excellence in Health, Economic Growth, Governance, Research & Evaluation, Environment & Energy, Gender Equality & Social Inclusion. Working with our many partners, we have driven measurable social impact for more than 55 years, to achieve our mission of improving the quality of life and economic well-being of people worldwide. We operate in remote and challenging environments and employ more than 3,700 staff in over 50 countries. For more information about us and what we do, visit our website at www.abtassociates.com
Abt Associates values individuality and celebrates difference with a strong commitment to diversity, equality, racial equity, gender, and disability inclusion. We strongly encourage people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this position. We offer flexible work arrangements and a culturally safe environment for staff members from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to safeguarding, to protect and prevent harm and abuse to individuals we work for and who work for us. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. We will not tolerate discrimination, harassment, child abuse, sexual abuse or exploitation in any form, and expect everyone to be treated with respect and dignity.