• Full time, Permanent Role based In Sydney
• Flexible work from home arrangements available, no mandated days in the office!
• Do you want to do work that really matters? Help us end avoidable blindness.
ABOUT THE FRED HOLLOWS FOUNDATION
The Foundation is an international development organisation working to prevent blindness and restore sight. This year marks The Foundation’s 30th anniversary of carrying on the legacy of Professor Fred Hollows, who believed every person had the right to quality eye care, no matter where they live. The Foundation has grown to work in more than 25 countries throughout Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific, as well as Australia. The Foundation has restored sight to more than 3 million people worldwide. We have an ambitious five-year strategic plan that aims to take us even closer to realising our vision of a world in which no person is needlessly blind, or vision impaired. In Australia we work tirelessly to ensure that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people can always exercise their right to sight, good health and self-determination.
The Foundation is also proud to announce that we were awarded the Employer of Choice Award (Public Sector and NFP) at the 2022 Australian HR Awards.
You will be an experienced relationship manager, with experience in the NFP or Corporate Sector. You will be able to build strong working relationships and steward High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI’s ) and Trusts and Foundations (T&F) to ensure a seamless giving process. You will possess excellent organisational and project management skills. Further, you will have proven ability to work well under pressure and to strict, often tight timeframes. You will be a strategic thinker, coupled with strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to work independently and as part of a team. Finally, you will be a collaborative team player, able to turn complex content into simple clear messages, pitch documents and proposals with strong written, verbal and presentation skill.
The Philanthropy Executive will lead strategic relationships, engagement, and income growth by supporting select partnerships for the organisation including major donors, high-Net-Worth-Individuals (HNWIs), Trusts and Foundations, Private Ancillary Funds (PAFs) and Public Ancillary funds (PuAFS); to create a positive impact in the communities we work in towards ending avoidable blindness and preventing vision loss.
• Work closely with Philanthropy team to develop and implement the philanthropic strategy of The Foundation
• Drive engagement with new HNWIs, T&Fs, PAFs and PuAFs to produce win win outcomes and reach financial targets.
• Build exceptional stewardship with existing philanthropic partners/supporters to deeply understand their needs and aspirations, connect to impact and the Foundation’s mission.
• Bring deeper understanding and knowledge on the philanthropic landscape and trends.
• Collaborate closely with the broader organisation including Partnerships, Marketing and Programs to strengthen The Foundation’s offering and stewardship activities. (e.g.: fundraising initiatives and campaigns, special event activities, donor visit coordination)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
• Experience in fundraising including HNW giving.
• A deep understanding of the PAFs and T&F landscape, as well as strong existing relationships nor networks.
• Prior experience driving engagement with T&F and major donor relationships that produce win-win outcomes and reach financial targets.
• Proven experience leading and managing internal and external stakeholders through multi-year funding campaigns.
How we recognise your contribution
Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where you will feel supported and empowered. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or finding an environment which enables you to thrive while balancing family or personal commitments, we have a range of programs in place to support you. Including:
• Generous salary packaging – we provide access to not-for-profit salary packaging options, which will increase your take home pay, we also offer 17.5% annual leave loading.
• Flexible work environment – we focus on output, not hours and enable you to prioritise your health and wellbeing.
• Generous leave allowances – we offer Paid parental leave; 5 days bonus leave every year; an annual Foundation-wide “Me Day”; and time off for culturally significant/ceremonial leave
• Ongoing commitment to your continuous learning and career development – through tailored leadership and professional development programs, access to LinkedIn Learning and focused development conversations.
To find out more about our benefits click here
Please apply directly via the “Apply” Button, please include a CV and Cover Letter. Should you have any questions regarding the opportunity please reach out to our Talent Acquisition Specialist, at [email protected] for a confidential conversation. Kindly note that CVs will not be considered through this email address.
Applications Close: Tuesday the 25th of April 2023
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this position.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children and community partners in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment. The Foundation is also committed to protecting the health of our beneficiaries, donors and partners and require incumbents of this role to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where medical conditions may make vaccination harmful to their health).
Please note: We will not be accepting CV’s via agencies for this role.