Policy and Communication Manager
Transparency International Australia
WHO WE ARE
Transparency International is the world’s leading anti-corruption movement, united by a shared vision: a world in which government, business, civil society and the daily lives of people are free of corruption.
TI Australia has been operating as an accredited Transparency International chapter since 1995, focusing on ways in which government and Australian-based organisations can address corruption issues. An exciting opportunity now presents for a highly skilled, energetic and individual to take the helm as our Policy and Communication Manager.
The full-time role is for an initial one-year contract with a strong likelihood of ongoing employment.
The Policy and Communications Manager will lead TIA’s research, policy and communications work for world free of corruption.
The role will work closely with the CEO, members of the TIA team, the TIA Board and external stakeholders to advance TIA’s policy and advocacy work across TIA’s strategic work streams of political integrity, accountable mining and infrastructure.
The position includes the management of TIA’s communication platforms through the website, media, social media, digital campaigns, supporter engagement, events and support for fundraising.
The position requires internal communication and occasional collaboration across the TI Movement, including Chapters, regional teams, and the TI-Secretariat.
To be successful in this role, the Policy and Communications Manager will need to have:
- relevant professional qualifications in communications, PR, journalism, politics or a related field or experience in a similar role
- 5+ years of directly relevant work experience
- demonstrated experience in producing successful digital content for different platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- be a skilled communicator with a passion for distilling complex issues into easily understandable and accessible language to share with a broad ranging audience
- demonstrated experience in undertaking research, policy analysis and linking this to a strong communications and advocacy strategy
- a demonstrated history of building and maintaining strong networks
- demonstrated experience of engaging/ working with the media
- fluency (written and spoken) in English required, with other languages being an asset
Melbourne is the preferred location with other locations considered. Hybrid working arrangements are available. The position may require interstate or international travel.
The successful candidate will start end of January/start of February 2023 with interviews taking place in the weeks commencing 12th and 19th of December.
Applications close7th December 2022.
To apply: Please send a short CV and cover letter addressing the key competences to [email protected] by 5:00 PM AEDT, 7th Dec 2022
A POSITION DESCRIPTION WITH DETAILS ON HOW TO APPLY IS ATTACHED.
TI Australia is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information on the work of the Transparency International Australia please visit: www.transparency.org.au