- Multiple positions
- Flexible work location- Brisbane, Adelaide preferred
- Contract Vacancies for Approximately 12 Months
- $75K plus (commensurate with experience) + 15.4% Nominated Super
About ABC International Development (ABCID)
ABCID works with media organisations and communication partners across the Pacific region to connect them with communities and empower people to have a voice on issues affecting their lives. It supports storytellers through training, sharing media expertise and providing technical and program support to partners, in three areas – skills and abilities, content creation and broadcast, and research.
About the Role
ABC International Development (ABCID) is looking for numerous Project Coordinators to join its team, working with media development projects in Timor-Leste, Papua New Guinea and across Pacific countries. These projects contribute to a more professional, diverse and inclusive media across the region through building media skills and expertise, supporting content production and increasing business sustainability.
Key tasks for a Project Coordinator include implementing contract requirements and project logistics, ensuring timelines are met, monitoring project plans and budgets, and supporting administration, HR, policy compliance, travel bookings and report writing.
We are seeking an enthusiastic relationship builder who has project coordination experience. Ideally, you will be passionate about development and media. You will also be keen to build a career with a supportive, caring team willing to provide opportunities for growth.
You will bring to our team:
- Grant management and implementation expertise – such as experience working with non-government organisations on international development grants and projects that demonstrates your administration, finance, organisational and multi-tasking skills.
- Diversity of perspectives and cultural knowledge – such as Indigenous Australian and Torres Strait Islander and/or Indo-Pacific lived experience or heritage.
- Commitment to public interest media – through having worked in the media or being committed to the role independent media in the public interest plays in societies.
- Capacity to travel – there may be opportunities to travel interstate and overseas to support project delivery.
If this sounds like you, please apply.
To learn more about ABC International Development see https://www.abc.net.au/abc-international-development
We are unable to accept email applications, please ensure that you submit your application via the online portal through ABC Careers – Recent Jobs
For further information on these roles please contact Rebecca Symons, Unit Coordinator International Development at [email protected]
The ABC strives for diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through its services the ABC seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people with disability and LGBTIQA+ individuals. The ABC also aims to achieve a gender-balanced workforce.
For more information about working at the ABC, please feel free to explore our careers page at https://www.abc.net.au/careers/