Live & Learn Environmental Education
BUILD RESILIENCE IN VULNERABLE COMMUNITIES
Join our project management team based at our network office and help support food production, well-being and the resilience of vulnerable communities across the Pacific Islands and beyond. As Project Manager of the Atoll Food Futures program, your skills and experience in project administration, diplomatic management of stakeholder relationships and monitoring and evaluation will contribute to the timely delivery of quality projects with meaningful impacts on vulnerable communities.
WHO WE ARE
Live & Learn’s Network operates in 11 countries in the Pacific and Asia, working passionately towards an equitable and sustainable world. Each Live & Learn office is autonomous, and the network is bound by a commitment to community development activities on food security, nature-based solutions to climate change, and the safeguarding of water resources. Our approach is collaborative, working to support government strategies whilst meeting community needs. We are a localized, collaborative and courageous organization working with many stakeholders. We try to balance compliance needs with flexibility for quick, innovative responses.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate in-country and regional food systems activities, technical engagement requirements, budgets, contracts, procurement, and reporting.
• Manage partnership arrangements with Live & learn country offices and donors, and cultivate good relationships with new stakeholders.
• Operationalise, track, and report on MERL processes.
• Develop and lead monthly internal program progress meetings and quarterly updates with DFAT.
• Oversee the organization’s health and safety, fraud management, and safeguarding policies across program activities.
• Manage expenditures in line with contractual obligations.
You are passionate about community development and sustainable food systems. You are inspired by working in cross-cultural environments. You are able to plan and monitor tasks at project levels, while coordinating remotely with teams and maintaining a clear focus on outcomes. You have rigorous analytical and planning skills and are able to adapt to challenging and changing circumstances. You work to high professional standards and are a willing, inclusive and respectful team player.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE
You have a tertiary qualification in a relevant area. You understand:
• principles of sound development practice, including sustainable and community development
• development, management, and program planning, including in a developing country, where building effective cross-cultural relationships is key
• the analysis and management of contracts and budgets, project cycles, and development delivery mechanisms
• evaluation policies, processes, and best practice as it applies to international development
• the cultural context of the Pacific, including gender, human rights, and environmental issues and their application in developing countries
• how to identify issues that are likely to be sensitive and how to develop appropriate responses based on sound judgment.
We will collect and review applications. Five applicants meeting the selection criteria will be invited for a round of interviews.
The position is full-time, with flexible work practice available, on a 2-year contract with the potential of further work after end of the contract on other projects as funding allows. The role requires a police check and a Working with Children check, as well as a COVID-19 vaccination. Willingness to travel periodically to South Pacific countries is also necessary
WHAT WE OFFER:
Live & Learn Environmental Education is composed of a team of diverse and experienced individuals spread along the Pacific and Asia regions. Our team keeps on growing providing a wide range of relevant expertise from project management, water sanitation, and hygiene, climate change, food security, gender, and communications. We enjoy flexible work hours and support home-based working based on capacity. We do travel often to provide support to the project and to our country office where we work. We have an attractive remuneration package including a salary package scheme for the staff. Team Members receive a rewarding career in the International Development sector working with experienced colleagues across the industry. Live & Learn also supports Team Members’ training and personal development.
To apply for the position please visit the site below: