• Do you want to do work that really matters? Help us end avoidable blindness.
• Full time, 2-year fixed term role (strong possibility of extension) based in Sydney or Melbourne
• Flexible work from home arrangements available, we have no mandated days in the office.
ABOUT THE FRED HOLLOWS FOUNDATION
The Foundation is an international development organisation working to prevent blindness and restore sight. We continue to carry on the legacy of Professor Fred Hollows, who believed every person has the right to quality eye care, no matter where they live. The Foundation has grown to work in more than 25 countries throughout Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East, the Pacific, and here in Australia. The Foundation has restored sight to more than 3 million people worldwide. We have an ambitious five-year strategic plan that aims to take us even closer to realising our vision of a world in which no person is needlessly blind or vision impaired and Indigenous Australians exercise their right to sight and good health.
The Foundation is also proud to announce that we were awarded the Employer of Choice Award (Public Sector and NFP) at the 2022 Australian HR Awards.
You will be an experienced Philanthropy professional, possessing excellent communications skills, coupled with exceptional relationships management skills. You will have excellent organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines. Further you will have a collaborative mindset, as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team, instilling confidence and trust among colleagues and external stakeholders.
The Transformational Gift Manager (Global) will proactively implement exceptional relationship management, cultivation, and solicitation strategies to secure transformational gifts (AUD$1m+) and build enduring relationships.
Reporting to the Global Campaign Lead, the successful candidate will work as part of the Foundation’s team to support an ambitious fundraising agenda by facilitating and managing transformational gifts across all markets (Australia, ASEAN, UAE, UK, North America). The role will collaborate across the Foundation to increase transformational giving to the Foundation.
• Work closely with the Global Campaign Lead to manage and cultivate a portfolio of prospects and donors with the view to securing transformational gifts.
• Work with the Global Campaign Lead to build and implement a transformational giving strategy including moves management and donor communications, such as, proposals and impact reports.
• Collaborate with relationship managers and executives to cultivate and secure transformational level investments.
• Work with key stakeholders across the organization to manage peer-to-peer giving. This includes Board members, CEO and Executive Group.
• Develop relationships with key internal stakeholders across the organization including, Program Development and Research to identify potential funding opportunities.
• Other responsibilities as determined by your manager.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
• 5 years’ experience in fundraising, including large campaigns and major gifts.
• Strong understanding of the philanthropic landscape in Australia and globally.
• Experience soliciting seven plus figure gifts from high-net-worth individuals and Trusts and Foundations
• Demonstrated experience building long term relationships to deliver growth against targets.
• Experience in moves management of donors – from lead generation through to gift conversion.
• Ability to lead and build strong relationships with peers and other stakeholders.
• Ability to think strategically and work proactively, managing competing priorities.
• Experience in strategic project planning, report writing, and executing key donor engagement.
• Experience working with cross-functional teams.
• Experience briefing and working with C-suite Executives
• Experience using MS Office Suite
How we recognise your contribution
Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where you will feel supported and empowered. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or finding an environment which enables you to thrive while balancing family or personal commitments, we have a range of programs in place to support you. Including:
• Generous salary packaging – we provide access to not-for-profit salary packaging options, which will increase your take home pay, we also offer 17.5% annual leave loading
• Flexible work environment – we focus on output, not hours and enable you to prioritise your health and wellbeing
• Generous leave allowances – we offer Paid parental leave; 5 days bonus leave every year; an annual Foundation-wide “Me Day”; and time off for culturally significant/ceremonial leave
• Ongoing commitment to your continuous learning and career development – through tailored leadership and professional development programs, access to Linkedin Learning and focused development conversations.
To find out more about our benefits click here
Please apply directly via the “Apply” Button. Should you have any questions regarding the opportunity please reach out to Hanna Hadaya, Global Talent Acquisition Lead at [email protected] for a confidential conversation. Kindly note that CVs will not be considered through this email address.
Please apply as soon as possible, as we will be contacting successful candidates prior to the advert closing.
Closing Date: Sunday the 9th of April 2023
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this position.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children and community partners in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment. The Foundation is also committed to protecting the health of our beneficiaries, donors and partners and require incumbents of this role to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where medical conditions may make vaccination harmful to their health).
Please note: We will not be accepting CV’s via agencies for this role.