The Diplomacy Training Program (DTP) is looking for a highly organised individual who wants to make a difference for human rights by joining a small professional team helping those working on the frontline of human rights challenges in Asia, the Pacific and Indigenous Australia. The Administration and Office Coordinator is the backbone of our team and contributes to our success by coordinating and delivering end to end administrative and office support across all aspects of DTP’s work.
- Office Coordination and Administration
- DTP Relationships and Fundraising Support
- Volunteer and Intern Coordination
- Website, IT & Information Management
- Providing other administrative support to the Executive Director and staff as requested.
A position description can be viewed here with more details.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent organisational, time-management, and file-management skills
- Proficiency with troubleshooting and using a variety of software including: Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Teams, Adobe Acrobat, and Zoom
- Working knowledge of WordPress and CiviCRM /a demonstrated ability to learn new software
- Experience implementing the communications strategy of an organisation, including creation of social media content. Basic graphic design skills (e.g. use of Canva) will be highly regarded
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, the ability to work collaboratively in a small team and to liaise with external stakeholders
- A can-do attitude, desire to problem-solve and willingness to take initiative, pitch in and help with a wide range of tasks, big and small
- A commitment to human rights and supporting the work of human rights defenders
Women, First Nations people, people with a disability, LGBTQI+ and people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities are encouraged to apply.
The position is full-time (37.5 hours) per week (flexible and family friendly hours can be negotiated) and is for 12 months (may be extended subject to the availability of funding). The salary is to be negotiated, based on experience.
DTP is an award winning, independent, Australian NGO committed to advancing human rights through building the knowledge, skills and networks of human rights defenders across Asia and the Pacific. It works closely with leading NGOs, human rights practitioners and academics across Asia and the Pacific. Established over 30 years ago, DTP is a charity affiliated with the Faculty of Law and Justice, UNSW, Sydney. DTP is small, focused, high-output organisation seeking a highly motivated individual to join its small team. All applicants should have a commitment to human rights and social justice.