About the Role
The Administration Officer is a newly created position that will report to the Head of Operations (HoO). This position will be responsible for managing the office facilities and co-owners’ management including strata committee commitments and responsibilities. The Administration Officer will provide general administration support for the Head of Operations, CEO and other members of the team as required. The Administration Officer will support the HoO with compliance including providing HR administrative support and some basic IT support including but not limited to new employee set up.
This is a fast paced and diverse role that requires energy, initiative, service, relationship management, stakeholder management, pro-active organisational and problem-solving skills. The successful candidate will bring medium level administration experience and will be based on site in our Sydney CBD office, with hybrid options on arrangement.
About the Business Services Department
Business Services is responsible for the efficient and effective operations and operational performance of the Agency, including development, delivery, evaluation and reporting of strategic and operational planning and policy development across Human Resources, Administration, Property Management, Finance, Information Technology, Compliance, Governance, Finance Reporting and Risk Management. The team works closely with other Departments and partners to enhance a culture of collaboration, creativity, and trustworthiness. We provide processes, tools, advice, and support to other Departments to operate as effectively and efficiently as possible and identify opportunities and implement solutions for continuous improvement.
About Act for Peace
We believe all people are created equal, and we should love our neighbours as ourselves. Yet, right now, we’re living in a world of ‘us’ and ‘them’. Divisions are deepening, conflicts are escalating, and climate inaction is placing lives in peril.
It means every day, more of us around the world are forced from our homes by violent conflict and disaster.
For more than 70 years, Act for Peace has brought people together to respond to this injustice. Meeting urgent needs, advocating for change and backing displaced people to reclaim control of their lives.
Founded by the Australian churches, we are a diverse collection of people united by a powerful conviction: to create a just and peaceful society, we must work together. It’s both the right thing to do, and the only thing that will work.
That’s why we work in solidarity with long-term local partners; and collaborate with local, regional and global networks, academics, governments and the UN; to ensure people uprooted by conflict and disaster have a safe place to belong.
A world where everyone belongs.
To create, together, a world where people uprooted by conflict and disaster have a safe place to belong.
For more information about Act for Peace, including our strategic framework, principles and policies, please visit our website www.actforpeace.org.au
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar administrative role
- Strong administrative, planning and organisation skills, with attention to detail, ability to problem solve and juggle competing priorities.
- Possess high level skills in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint) and other software programs for task management and coordination.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and apply initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively in external stakeholder settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high level of professionalism – face to face, over the phone and through correspondence
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining confidentiality and sensitive information.
- Experience in NGO sector
- Eligibility to work in Australia.
- Commitment to living the values of Act for Peace
- Commitment to abide by the principles, policies, and codes of conduct of Act for Peace
- Occasional work outside standard business hours may be required (reasonably)
- Ability to thrive in a diverse, multicultural, and multi-talented workplace.
Full details including selection criteria can be found in the information pack which can be found HERE.
Applicants with a background of forced displacement are encouraged to apply.
Act for Peace takes the prevention of fraud, sexual misconduct and harassment, and the protection of children seriously.
- Employment is conditional upon the outcome of an Australian Police Background check, as well as an equivalent police background check for any country in which the applicant has lived for more than 12 months during the last five years and for each country of citizenship. A working with children check may also be required.
- Copies of our policies can be found at www.actforpeace.org.au/our-policies