• Are you a multi-skilled MIS Business Analyst with a strong understanding of DFAT Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning standards?
• Work closely with the Partnership for Human Development (PHD) MEL team to lead the development and early implementation of a new digital MEL system.
• Short term contract, up to 6 months, based in Dili, Timor-Leste. Category B, Level 3 under DFATs ARF.
The Australia Timor-Leste Partnership for Human Development (PHD) is developing an innovative Digital MEL System that has been designed to demonstrate performance as per the Facility Performance Assessment Framework (PAF) and three different sector program Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Frameworks (MELFs) which include the cross-cutting areas of gender equity, disability and social inclusion and nutrition.
The PHD Digital MEL System includes DHIS2 as its data warehouse as well a SharePoint document management system, accessed via a web-based navigation interface. The web pages are aligned to PHD performance areas and have URLs to both quantitative and qualitative data associated with the outcomes PHD works to achieve.
A prototype of the web navigation has been developed and DHIS2 is already being used in a limited way. PHD is excited by the work undertaken so far and recognises the need for a specific set of skills to fully develop, house, integrate and implement the Digital MEL System.
About the Opportunity
The Adviser – Digital Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) System will be required to lead the development and early implementation of the new Digital MEL System for PHD.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Analyse the business requirements to ensure the system is configured to meet the specific MEL and performance reporting of PHD.
• Work with Manager – Communications to support the development of professional standard webpages required for the executive users of system to navigate the system.
• Lead the development of the components of the Digital MEL System, i.e. The DHIS2 component, Document Management System, and the web-based navigation component.
• Ensure the Digital MEL System is appropriately housed and that it meets all DFAT and Abt Associate ICT requirements.
• Support PHD MEL staff in the development of bimonthly dashboards to enable evidence-based decision making and to demonstrate performance progress.
• Develop Guidelines and Train PHD MEL staff in the use of DHIS2 (AMEE) – data collection and data visualisation.
• For successful implementation, with the Manager – MEL, liaise with key stakeholders including but not limited to: Abt Associates Australia ICT, Abt Associates USA AMEE, Catalpa International.
• Any other reasonable duties as required.
We are seeking an individual who will bring:
• Degree in Information Communication Technology (ICT) or more than 10 years’ experience in the ICT field.
• Experience and certified in DHIS2
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience as a Business Analyst and /or Enterprise Architect
• Experience working with digital technologies including databases, web services, charting libraries, streaming services, mobile apps (Postgress, Tomcat, Highcharts, Android)
• Proven experience in full stack developments – ie able to build the front and back end of websites and systems.
• Demonstrated Experience in Monitoring Evaluation and Leaning for International Development in accordance with the DFAT M&E Standards.
• Ability to code and configure to enable updates to data requirements.
• Highly effective written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and experience working in a cross-cultural environment.
About the Program
The Australia Timor-Leste Partnership for Human Development (PHD) supports the Government of Timor-Leste’s Strategic Development Plan 2011-2030 and reflects Australia’s commitment to work in partnership with Timor-Leste to invest in improved wellbeing for Timor-Leste’s people. PHD aims to deliver lasting impact on the program goal: ‘People in Timor-Leste are healthier, better-educated and better able to contribute to Timor-Leste’s development.’ Through PHD, Australia supports the Government of Timor-Leste (GoTL) to deliver higher quality and inclusive services in primary healthcare, basic education and social protection.
PHD is committed to providing strong evidence associated with facilitating learning, informing adaption, monitoring and reporting on performance. Monitoring PHD performance includes (wherever possible) a continuous flow of data and analysis. A range of monitoring data collection tools have been designed to ensure insights to what is working well (or not) and why. PHD develops its own quantitative primary data and wherever possible and draws upon and supports the improvement of partner or official data sets.
Further Information & How to Apply
Please apply online through the careers page of the Abt Associates website via the following link: https://egpy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/JoinAbt/job/103579/?utm_medium=jobshare
Please attach a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document, addressing how you meet the requirements of this role.
For further information please email the PHD People & Culture team via [email protected]. Please insert the job title in the email subject heading.
Closing Date: 11 June 2023 (AEST)