• Are you a passionate MEL professional who is interested to live and work long term in Timor-Leste?
• We are seeking a MEL professional to join our MEL unit and to assist us to learn from and measure the impact of our work in government system strengthening and human development sectors.
• Long term, 12-month contract, based in Dili, Timor-Leste. Category C, Level 2 under DFATs ARF.
About the Program
The Australia Timor-Leste Partnership for Human Development (PHD) supports the Government of Timor-Leste’s Strategic Development Plan 2011-2030 and reflects Australia’s commitment to work in partnership with Timor-Leste to invest in improved wellbeing for Timor-Leste’s people. PHD aims to deliver lasting impact on the program goal: ‘People in Timor-Leste are healthier, better-educated and better able to contribute to Timor-Leste’s development.’ Through PHD, Australia supports the Government of Timor-Leste (GoTL) to deliver higher quality and inclusive services in primary healthcare, basic education and social protection.
About the Opportunity
The Adviser – Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning reports to the Program Performance and GEDSI Lead and provides high quality oversight and technical input into all components of the development and implementation of the PHD sector MEL system and reporting to DFAT.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Provide technical advice and input to the design of digital data collection tools, analysis of data and creative ways to digitally share and or visualise analysed data.
• Provide quality oversight and technical input to the sector teams in managing the collation of qualitative and quantitative data according to their respective MELFs.
• Provide quality oversight and technical input to the analysis of qualitative and quantitative data (sector and cross-sector) and provide bimonthly reports on the analysis to the PHD Executive.
• Test and utilise the Digital MEL System to provide regular evidence at Intermediate or Immediate Outcome level for the PHD Executive, DFAT and GoTL.
• Provide technical support to Six-month Progress Reports and PHD Reflection and Learning events, using analysed data – especially learning relating to system strengthening, as applicable to all three PHD sectors.
• Provide technical oversight and management of MEL research, learning and evaluation activities.
• Provide strategic oversight during periodic reviews and outcomes assessments.
• Be the PHD Focal point for the Abt Associates Monitoring Evaluation Ecosystem (AMEE).
• Support the revision of AMEE requirement and blueprint documentations as needed.
• Support the integration of the AMEE and DHIS2 with the PHD Digital MEL System.
• Provide technical guidance and mentoring to the Manager – MEL in the provision of leading the PHD MEL Unit.
• Support the MEL Manager in the provision of advice to the Government of Timor-Leste on MEL in areas that relate to PHD’s work, as requested.
• Any other reasonable duties, as requested.
We are seeking an individual who will bring:
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in social sciences, evaluation research, statistics, or relevant field
• Demonstrated experience (5+ years desirable) working for an international development organisation, implementing results-based MEL activities relevant to government system strengthening and human development sectors.
• Strong technical skills, including ability to collect and analyse quantitative and qualitative data relevant for multi-sectoral initiatives, with experience in the use of IT to do so.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills in developing and maintaining effective relationships with diverse stakeholders and partners; with exceptional writing skills and ability in providing high quality reporting for a diverse audience.
• Working knowledge and experience with DFAT funded MEL systems and demonstrated knowledge and understanding of DFAT Standards is essential.
• Experience in and knowledge of Timor-Leste is desirable.
PHD is committed to providing strong evidence associated with facilitating learning, informing adaption, monitoring and reporting on performance. MEL is undertaken at Facility level via PHD’s Performance Assessment Framework as well as through three sector focussed Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Frameworks (MELF’s), all of which include the cross-cutting areas of Gender Equality, Disability Inclusion and Nutrition.
PHD has recently refreshed the Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Plan (MELP) and has designed an innovative Digital MEL System, the purpose of which is to ensure a regular flow of analysed data (both qualitative and quantitative). The Technical Advisor – MEL will support the regular flow of data from the sectors, partner organisations and from Government of Timor- Leste Ministries and lead the analysis of this data in line with the associated Theory of Change.
Further Information & How to Apply
Please apply online through the careers page of the Abt Associates website via the following link: https://egpy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/JoinAbt/job/103645/?utm_medium=jobshare
Please attach a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document, addressing how you meet the requirements of this role.
For further information please email the PHD People & Culture team via [email protected]. Please insert the job title in the email subject heading.
Closing Date: 28 June 2023 (AEST)