Oaktree is one of Australia’s largest youth-run organisations. We are governed and guided by our Board of Directors, who bring a breadth of experience and skills from diverse professional backgrounds. The Board’s work, from setting organisational strategy through to ensuring its effective implementation, directly shapes Oaktree’s capacity for impact and future growth.
We are seeking multiple individuals with professional experience in one or more of the following to join our Board of Directors:
● Governance and compliance
● Not for profit senior leadership
● International development programs
Oaktree’s recent strategic and operational review has led to a new impact strategy and a pivot back to a largely volunteer operating model. As a member of our Board, you’ll play a key role in the governance of the organisation, serving as a custodian of Oaktree’s values and strategy, overseeing our finances and organisational performance to enable our long-term sustainability and impact, and ensuring effective risk management and legal compliance. You’ll join the team of current Board members and have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from experts in their fields.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
● Has a passion for promoting young people, justice and human rights.
● Values long term solutions to end global poverty, and is committed to facilitating youth-organised change.
● Holds at least five years of experience in governance and compliance, not for profit leadership and/or international development programs.
● Prioritises diversity and inclusivity within organisations.
● Strives to always work with humility and integrity.
AS A MEMBER OF THE BOARD, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
● Ensuring compliance with statutory governance obligations.
● Organisational adherence to Oaktree’s Constitution, and alignment of strategy with its vision, mission and values.
● Holding the Co-CEOs and Executive team accountable for effective implementation of the organisational strategy.
● A two-year term of service.
● On average, about two to four hours a week. The Board meets six times a year, with committees meeting as frequently, in Melbourne or virtually.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT: Valid Working with Children’s Check in Victoria (you can apply for one if you are an interstate volunteer).
As a youth-run organisation, one-third of our Board must be under the age of 30, and we encourage individuals under 30 to apply. We also strongly encourage applications from women and non-binary people, First Nations and people of colour, and those with lived experience in the communities with whom we work.
If this sounds like you, apply now on our website or via the link below. Applications will close Sunday 14 May, with an intention to onboard new Board members at our Board meeting on 24th June.
APPLY AT: https://form.typeform.com/to/zvUXmboo
For any questions, queries, or concerns, please contact [email protected]