- Exceptional opportunity to join Oxfam Australia’s Governance and Executive team
- Permanent, Full-time, 35 hours per week
- Melbourne based
At Oxfam Australia, we believe all lives are equal and no-one should live in poverty. We are a member of Oxfam International, a global confederation working with partners and local communities in 87 countries.
Would you like to join this global movement of people working together to eliminate the inequalities that keep people in poverty?
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and committed person to fill the role of Digital Content Specialist.
Why you will love working at Oxfam
As part of Governance and Executive team, you will use your skills, qualifications, lived experience and initiative to tackle inequality and flight poverty. Yes, you read that right, lived experience and initiative, because it is not all about key selection criteria.
Are you re-entering the workforce after a career break? Don’t worry! We are looking for people with a fire in their belly and a commitment to ending poverty. As long as you know your subject matter, we can teach you the other stuff and show you what’s happened while you were away.
As the Board Support Officer, you will work with the Company Secretary to provide high-quality support to, and coordination for, the Oxfam Australia Board of Directors and Board Committees. You will also support the Company Secretary to ensure that good governance and compliance obligations are realised (including by updating registers as necessary). You will enable effective Board and Committee meetings through agenda planning, timely distribution of papers and minutes taking to ensure Board and Committee members are well-informed on a wide range of issues affecting Oxfam Australia and its staff.
As the Board Support Officer, you will coordinate tasks set out in the Board and Committee workplan and matters arising from meetings to ensure that all Directors/Executive Leads meet requirements (including the preparation of papers for Board or Committee considerations).
A little about you (the key selection criteria)
- Demonstrated experience with providing administrative support at board level (or equivalent).
- Technology proficiency: proficient in using board management software, such as Diligent, other document management systems, and relevant technology tools.
- Organisational skills: excellent ability to independently manage multiple tasks, prioritise work, and manage time efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail: keen eye for accuracy and precision, ensuring that board documents and reports are accurate.
See position description for other skill requirements.
We can offer you
- A base salary of $83,753 plus superannuation, superior leave benefits and access to generous non-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,450 of your salary tax-free).
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to make a positive impact around the world.
- We value flexibility and seek to support our people to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
- Cultural leave
- Superannuation matching
Our culture is shaped by our values, which reinforce what we care about and how we do things, not just what we do. Our five core values of Accountability, Empowerment, Equality, Inclusiveness and Sustainability drive everything we do at Oxfam.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us. Therefore, our people are required to comply with the One Oxfam Child Safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policies and sign the Oxfam Australia Child Safeguarding and One Oxfam Employee Codes of Conduct.
How to Apply
Complete the online application form, then, as three separate documents, upload:
- a cover letter that tells us how your professional history and lived experience makes you the right candidate.
- your CV.
- your response to the selection criteria outlined in the advertisement.
Applications close on 11 October 2023.
Here is the link to the Position Description
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. We care deeply about creating a safe and inclusive workplace where our people feel valued, respected and impowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunities and encourage applicants with personal experience of the forms of injustice we seek to address to apply for opportunities at Oxfam Australia.
Applicants will be required to show proof of their right to work in Australia with the subject to satisfactory clearance of a Police Records Check, and Counter Terrorism and Aid Diversion Check.
We give priority to protecting the health, safety and wellbeing of our people, supporters, and the communities we work with. If successful you may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination or approved medical contraindication prior to commencing employment with Oxfam Australia.