Our human rights NGO The Diplomacy Training Program, is calling for applications for a part-time bookkeeper to join our small team based at UNSW.
We deliver human rights training programs in Australia, Asia, and the Pacific. We are a member of the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID), and report to the Australian Charities and Not for Profit Commission (ACNC).
This is a part-time (15 hours) position, initially for 6 months, but with the possibility of renewal by mutual agreement. Presence in the DTP office at the School of Law & Justice, UNSW, Sydney will be required, although WFH and remote working arrangements may be negotiated after an initial orientation period.
The Bookkeeper is responsible for:
- Managing Payments – Expenditure / Income through MYOB
- Managing Payroll through MYOB (or similar)
- Maintaining Staff/Volunteer Records on MYOB
- Bank Reconciliations
- Preparing Financial Reports and Accounts for the DTP Board, DTP’s Funders, Auditors
- Purposeful work supporting a leading Australian-based human rights organisation active in the Asia-Pacific region
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional and easily accessible facilities
What you will bring:
To be successful you will have:
- Demonstrated bookkeeping experience.
- Experience and proficiency with MYOB (or equivalent)
- A diligent approach to accuracy and detail
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated work ethic, able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
The job description is attached here.
Applicants are asked to provide a Cover Letter and resume to [email protected]
Application deadline is Friday 16th February.
Women, First Nations people, people with a disability, LGBTQI+ and people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities are encouraged to apply.