- Supervisor: Director of Programs
- Location: Dili with possible travel to municipalities and international travel as required
- Contract Type: 0.8 Full time equivalent with possibility to increase with additional funding.
- Duration: Fixed term 2 years with possibility to extend based on performance and funding.
- Category: International
- Application Deadline: 16 January 2023
Oxfam has been supporting development and humanitarian work in Timor-Leste for over 40 years with more than 20 years of country presence. Oxfam’s vision is a Timor-Leste that is just, sustainable, and inclusive. Oxfam currently implements a multi-sectorial program by working in partnership with civil society and community development organizations and undertaking constructive engagements with government. Under the 2021-2025 Oxfam Country Strategy, OiTL’s country programs are embedded in Oxfam global and Asia strategy frameworks focusing on three pillars: Economic Justice, Climate Justice, and Gender Justice. A feminist approach to working and leadership, Inclusion and Influencing are cross cutting themes and approaches that go across all of Oxfam’s work in Timor-Leste.
The Business Development and Reporting Lead is a key position within the Oxfam Timor-Leste team. The Business Development & Reporting Lead supports the Country Director and Director of Programs team in the development and delivery high quality programs, in line with the OiTL’s Country Strategy. A key focus on this role is secure the resources needed to achieve high impact programs and to maintain a healthy pipeline of upcoming opportunities. The Lead will also be responsible to supporting Director of Programs and Program Managers with quality program reporting, reflection and learning.
SCOPE OF POSITION
Line Manager: Program Director
Line manager for: None
1. PROGRAM SPECIALTY
- Maintain, review, and update the country funding strategy, develop funding plans for specific projects/programs as prioritized by senior leadership and keep the pipeline up to date.
- Lead on maintaining up to date information on funding opportunities and identify prioritized potential donors. In collaboration with leadership and program teams, ensure that Oxfam maintains positive and effective relationships with potential donors in country.
- Lead on bid/no-bid reviews for funding opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with Oxfam Asia Regional funding support roles and within partner affiliate offices, to ensure business development efforts are coordinated and efficient and there is active networking to maximize opportunities for collaboration.
- Lead and/or contribute to the development of high-quality proposals/concept notes, and on the development of content that can be presented to donors.
- Actively build relationships in and outside of country to support developing opportunities for collaboration and joint funding proposals with other actors.
PROGRAM REPORTING SUPPORT
- Support Director of Programs and program managers in writing and reviewing high quality program reports, case studies, and human stories, among others.
- Review and edit program related documents that will be published
- Support Director of Programs to ensure effective implementation of monitoring, evaluation and learning plans and systems, including support program quality team, as necessary
- Support reflection and learning processes for programs as required.
2. BUSINESS SERVICES
- Lead and coordinate the identification and monitoring of institutional donors and their policies in the country
- Work with the Director of Programs, Country Director and Finance Senior Manager to ensure that sufficient funds are being raised and budgeted for to cover country program costs.
- Supporting the Director of Programs in ensuring that narrative and financial reporting requirements for all programs are completed by agreed dates.
- Support the country team in ensuring good filing systems for all partner related administration (hard and soft copies) are maintained.
- Contribute to the development and review of program policies and the review and development of the country strategy.
- Undertake all job responsibilities in a manner consistent with all Oxfam HR policies and procedures including Diversity, Equal Employment Opportunity and Occupational health and Safety guidelines
3. REPRESENTATION AND RELATIONSHIPS
- Assist, develop and promote good working relations with donors and the Government of Timor-Leste.
- Working closely with colleagues, work to continually strengthen relationships with civil society partners.
4. PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team and set own workplan, meet deadlines and balance competing priorities.
- Ability to negotiate deadlines with colleagues and hold others to account
- Ability to network and represent Oxfam to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to achieve results by working alongside staff and inspiring teams to deliver to a high standard
- Capacity to work under pressure, recognize and manage personal stress and support staff to manage their own stress
- An understanding of and commitment to Oxfam’s values and to promoting diversity and gender equality
- Ability to live and thrive in a developing country and spend regular periods of time in the field.
- Ability to coach and mentor staff
- Ability to develop and manage programs and projects effectively within an overall strategic framework
5. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Significant relevant experience working with INGOs/NGOs in developing countries or equivalent experience within Timor-Leste.
- Demonstrated experience in business development, proposal writing and securing grants
- Proven coaching, mentoring and facilitation skills
- Experience in development and analysis of donor budgets and financial reports.
- Experience in developing and maintaining relationships with institutional donors
- Effective oral and written communication skills with a range of people working in different situations.
- Demonstrable experience in donor program reporting.
- High quality written and spoken English language skills. Tetum skills highly desirable.
- Commitment to and ability to integrate approaches that promote gender quality and social inclusion in program designs and proposals.
As an agency undertaking work both nationally and internationally and in humanitarian response, Oxfam Timor Leste takes its duty of care seriously to safeguard children and recognises that it must meet community expectations and the trust placed in its personnel to maintain the highest standards of conduct with children. Therefore, all positions within Oxfam Timor Leste are required to comply with the Child Safeguarding Policy and Child Safeguarding Code of Conduct.
Applicants shall submit application letters outlining experience related to the role (no longer than 2 pages) and CV (no longer than 4 pages). No certificates, copies of qualifications or testimonials are required at this stage of applications, and these will not be included in consideration of candidate suitability. Applicant shall send the application and CV to Benigna Martins by e-mailing [email protected].
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us. Oxfam is a child safe organization and successful applicants will be required to sign the Oxfam International Employee Code of Conduct and submit a Criminal register certificate or “Bom Comportamento” from the Ministry of Justice.
Oxfam is an equal opportunity employer. Woman and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.