The CAO will be responsible to:
• Develop, implement and monitor strategy the organisation’s advocacy strategy and priorities with a monitoring and evaluation approach.
• Assume high level responsibility for major initiatives including key activities and policy development along with the corresponding budget.
• In consultation with the CEO, IJM Global and IJM program offices and relevant stakeholders, initiate and manage the development of policy ideas and proposals for the organisation.
• Drive cross-functional collaboration and all systems and processes to support quality outputs.
• Represent IJM Australia in advocacy activities such as meetings, inquiries, and conferences to build effective relationships with stakeholders and decision-makers to build IJM’s profile and progress IJM’s advocacy strategy.
• Be a leader in contributing positively to building a healthy and professional culture in the IJM Australia team by modelling a growth mindset and solutions orientated approach.
• Provide direction, coaching and leadership to direct reports and across the organisation in a healthy and professional manner.
Skills, Experience and Attributes
To be successful in this position you will have:
• Tertiary qualifications in relevant field including politics, law, economics, communications, journalism, public relations, or development.
• Experience in designing and implementing high-impact advocacy campaigns.
• High level supervisory and organisational management experience.
• Excellent understanding of issues relating to IJM Australia’s casework.
• Experience working in a not-for-profit organisation or government role with exposure to the not-for-profit sector or experience engaging with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (highly desirable).
• Outstanding strategic policy and planning skills.
• Excellent influencing and networking skills, with ability to advocate with senior decision makers.
• Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders, including strong consultation skills.
• Excellent writing skills and the ability to distil and effectively communicate complex information to a range of audiences.
• Demonstrable ability to work effectively with the media (desirable).
• Ability to establish quickly personal credibility, to develop, maintain and negotiate effective working relationships with groups and individuals (including within the Government) with differing perspectives and agendas, and of working with other organisations on joint campaigns and coalitions.
• Self-starter with strong initiative and an entrepreneurial spirit, with demonstrated leadership capacity.
• Global and cultural awareness.
What we offer:
• An inspiring work environment. Your work makes a difference in the lives of the thousands of clients the organisation is serving. You are part of a passionate global team of professionals – characterised by an atmosphere of personal involvement and determination to bring justice, transform communities and end slavery.
• Opportunity to professionally develop your skills & attributes.
• Opportunity for spiritual formation.
• Salary is determined by our remuneration policy and years of qualified experiences; this organisation has salary packaging available for all employees.
Please attach your CV and a one-page cover letter outlining your suitability for the position including your demonstrated commitment to the organisation’s values as detailed above as part of your application.
Apply here: https://jobs.swagapp.com/jobs/organisations/6ca6bd70-c733-44ea-85d1-149fc55824e0
Application deadline is EOB Friday 14th July 2023.