The Australian Himalayan Foundation is looking for an energetic and inspiring CEO, with a passion for the Himalaya and fundraising, to lead our small but impactful organisation to the next stage of its development.
As the CEO, your key accountability will be to work with the Board of Directors to shape the strategic priorities and provide strong, effective leadership. The role would suit someone who wants to make a real difference, has a clear and strong vision, and is eager to hit the ground running.
This is a great opportunity to play a lead role in a well-established and respected international development organisation delivering long-term and sustainable development in remote communities in the Himalaya.
– Lead the diversification and building of the Foundation’s funding base and stewardship of high-level donor and partner relationships.
– Build the reputation and profile of the AHF.
– Provide visionary leadership, and high-level advice and information to the Board.
– Work closely with our in-country NGO partners to deliver our essential health, education and environmental programs in Nepal, Bhutan and the Indian Himalaya
– Further develop our team (staff, volunteers and pro bono advisors) and foster a collaborative workplace culture.
– Financial management and overseeing the development and management of all external and internal operations to deliver on the Foundation’s Strategic Plan.
The AHF – the leading Australian development aid NGO in the Himalaya – seeks to improve the quality of life of those most in need in the poorest and most under-resourced areas of the region. We work in partnership with communities to help them meet their priority needs through improvements in education, health and the environment. AHF is a member of the Australian Council for International Development, and we have full accreditation with the Australian Government’s NGO Cooperation Program.
AHF is committed to child safeguarding and the prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation. Any offer of employment will require a Working With Children Check and endorsement of our Child Safeguarding Code of Conduct.
AHF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring the best candidate for the job regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
You are currently an experienced CEO or senior Leader looking for the next challenging phase in your career. You will have:
– Proven track record of revenue raising and delivering results to grow and diversify fundraising
– Solid stakeholder relationship management experience, including high-level donors, corporate partners, trusts & foundations and implementing partners
– Sound financial management experience, including budget planning, finance monitoring and analysis, and reporting
– Strong leadership experience that motivates, builds workplace culture and promotes organisational values and respect
– Ideally, you will have experience operating within the context of DFAT accreditation.
This role is full-time and Sydney-based, with some travel required.
Please send a resume and cover letter addressing the Essential Criteria to [email protected] by Thursday 13 July, 2023.