Job no: 499967
Work type: Contract
Location: Australia – ACT, Australia – NSW, Australia – QLD, Australia – SA, Australia – VIC, Australia – WA
Categories: Energy, Environment, Infrastructure
Why Tetra Tech International Development?
As a leading global development consulting firm, our purpose is to contribute to a world where people, communities and the planet thrive.
Tetra Tech International Development works with governments, businesses and NGOs to solve complex development challenges. Our dedicated team helps partners including DFAT, USAID and the Asian Development Bank to deliver effective and sustainable projects in more than 80 countries around the world.
- Join Australia’s largest and most significant infrastructure investment in the Pacific
- Full-time until 30 June 2025
- Canberra preferred, open globally
The Australian Infrastructure Financing Facility for the Pacific (AIFFP) finances quality, climate resilient infrastructure projects in the Pacific and Timor-Leste. The Facility partners with governments, as well as the private sector, to design high-impact, energy, water, transport, telecommunications and other key infrastructure projects. All projects focus on high-quality investments with robust social and environmental safeguards to maximise development outcomes.
The AIFFP is managed by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, with support from Tetra Tech (the Support Unit). The AIFFP Support Unit provides advice and services to support the delivery of the AIFFP and its objectives.
The AIFFP is committed to embedding the latest climate science into the design and delivery of AIFFP projects and working with borrowers to deliver well designed and climate resilient infrastructure. The Climate Change Adviser will work as part of the Implementation Team, which provides technical support on AIFFP investments and will support the development of AIFFP climate policy.
The Adviser will have an engineering background and demonstrated experience in embedding climate change design and resilience principles into infrastructure design and delivery. Experience in undertaking climate change risk assessments, engineering design review and construction standards adopted in the Pacific is required. On designated projects, the Specialist will manage the design and delivery of project climate change assessment, and efforts to embed climate and resilience principles into the investment.
Other key responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsibility for climate change activities throughout the project cycle;
- Determining the investments’ approach to climate risk and opportunities to embed resilience into project design;
- Coordinating the delivery of project climate change assessments;
- Leading discussions with stakeholders on climate risks and approaches;
- Reviewing climate assessment specific technical inputs, such as climate data or design recommendations;
- Providing recommendations on design options to enhance climate outcomes that might be considered by a project or investment;
- Providing recommendations on design standards to be adopted by the project engineers/consultants.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in engineering, environmental science or related field;
- Experience working on infrastructure projects in the pacific;
- Demonstrated experience embedding climate change design and resilience principles into infrastructure design and delivery;
- Experience in undertaking climate change risk assessments, engineering design review and construction standards;
- Ability to review climate assessment specific technical inputs, such as climate data or design recommendations whilst communicating with key project team members to determine climate risk and opportunities;
- Outstanding stakeholder relationship and communication skills.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click on ‘apply now’ and complete the online application process. Please note that applications will only be accepted via the Tetra Tech International Development Website. Emailed applications will be disregarded.
For any enquiries, please contact the Tetra Tech International Development Recruitment Team and quote the job reference number 499967.
Applications close: Sunday the 29th of January 2023 at 11:59pm (local Canberra time).
Tetra Tech International Development has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development (now known as the Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office). Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
Tetra Tech International Development has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.
Tetra Tech International Development is also committed to respectful workplaces and does not tolerate sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment of any kind.
Tetra Tech International Development is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time