- Innovative role and team environment
- Engage with external networks to deepen our impact and knowledge
- Flexible working arrangements to promote work/life balance
Drive strategies and innovation to strengthen Caritas Australia’s climate change and environmental protection impact.
About Caritas Australia
At Caritas Australia, we have a vision to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity for all. We partner with the most vulnerable communities to help them build better outcomes by improving access to sustainable livelihoods, clean water, sanitation and education.
Why work for Caritas Australia?
- Opportunity to join a truly diverse and essential organisation that makes a real difference in the lives of the most marginalised people in the regions we support.
- Advance your career within the International Aid & Development sector with a focus on professional development and on the job learning opportunities.
- Hybrid working arrangements, to support your work/life balance.
- Access to free on-site gym and other health & wellbeing benefits.
- Not-for-Profit salary packaging offered
What does the role involve?
Working in our Impact Team, the Climate Change and Environmental Lead will drive strategy, innovation and learning in relation to climate change, ecological justice, and environmental protection. Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Driving whole-of-agency climate justice strategy and impact measurement in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Building climate change and environmental protection capabilities of internal staff and partners through the development of learning and practice improvement strategies.
- Providing technical input into the design and evaluation of programs, and support the mainstreaming of climate change and environmental protection across Caritas Australia’s development and humanitarian programming.
- Providing technical support across the organisation for the development of funding proposals, research reports, policy position papers or other advocacy efforts in relation to climate or environmental issues.
- Representing Caritas Australia on relevant Caritas Internationalis working groups and maintaining strategic relationships with key actors within the sector.
This role is based in our Mascot office and will work a hybrid model, including two days in the office per week.
Who are we looking for?
For this role, we are seeking an influential and interpersonal individual, with a mix of the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Advanced degree in international development, environment, climate change or other related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Technical/Program Management experience in climate change and environmental protection programming, preferably in humanitarian or development contexts.
- Experience in enabling capacity sharing or providing technical program support, including fostering positive remote working relationships.
- Flexibility and willingness to contribute to a positive, dynamic and results-oriented team.
- Excellent facilitation skills, and ability to communicate complex subject matter in accessible and culturally safe ways.
For any further questions or enquiries, please contact the recruitment team at [email protected] or call (02) 7208 7847 Otherwise, please submit you cover letter and CV through the relevant links.
Our commitment to safeguarding – Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of all people, especially children and vulnerable adults. As part of your employment, you will be required to undergo relevant background checks (Police Checks, Working with Children Checks, Reference Checks), abide by our safeguarding policies, and sign our Code of Conduct including Professional Behaviour Standards for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults.
Our commitment to diversity – Caritas Australia encourages and supports an inclusive and diverse workforce. We consider applications regardless of race, sex, gender, age and disability. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, members of minority groups, non-binary people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Our commitment to safety and wellbeing – Depending on your role, Caritas Australia may require you to undertake health checks or receive vaccinations to ensure your safety and wellbeing at work.