ABOUT GOOD RETURN
Good Return’s mission is to enable those who are marginalised and excluded to achieve economic empowerment through responsible financial inclusion and capability development. We do this by engaging with partners across the Asia Pacific, where two-thirds of the world’s poor live. We help them deliver better financial services and economic opportunities to those living in poverty.
Our work focuses on promoting responsible inclusive finance, building financial capability & consumer empowerment, and providing access to credit through our micro lending platform and impact investment programming to support SMEs in the agricultural sector.
Good Return is the registered business name of World Education Australia, an Australian Aid accredited agency and member of the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID). We hold Australia Financial Services License granted by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission. Visit www.goodreturn.org.au for more information.
ABOUT OUR PARTNERS
We have been working in partnership with various Financial Service Providers across the Asia Pacific Region since 2010. Our current partners are located in Cambodia, Indonesia, PNG, Nepal, Philippines, Myanmar, Solomon Islands, Fiji, Tonga and Australia.
Our partnerships are based on a shared mission to provide responsible and inclusive financial services to people living in poverty as well as build the financial capability of consumers.
Our microfinance partners are committed to improving their social performance management systems, which includes implementing the seven client protection principles.
Please visit our website (www.goodreturn.org.au) for further information on our partners.
Scope of position
The Communications Officer will work closely with the Marketing and Communications Manager to drive public engagement through digital channels; and work collaboratively with the programs team to develop content in line with the Marketing and Communications strategy.
1. Coordinate and plan creative and engaging content to promote the Good Return brand, campaigns and programs
– Plan social media and communication schedule based on Good Return campaigns and content pillars
– Utilise data and engagement results to make content recommendations
– Work with programs team to understand programs and project updates and gather stories and case studies from the field
1) Social media and communications plan/calendar that reflects campaigns, content pillars and key project updates
2) Regular reporting and analysis of content engagement results
2. Produce social media and digital content
– Produce blogs, newsletter articles, infographics, images, website content and copywriting
– Produce content that meets Good Return editorial standards, is accurate and reflects Good Return values and brand and ACFID, DFAT and partner guidelines
– Assist with sourcing high quality photographs and videos by liaising with external providers
– Collaborate with partner organisations to gather content and identify narratives and stories aligned to Good Return’s marketing and fundraising strategy
– Other duties as identified
1) Growth in reach, engagement and follower numbers on social media
2) Contribution to campaign metrics (website visits, fundraising goals)
3) Compliance with internal and external requirements
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
– Degree in Communication, Marketing, Economics, International Development, Education, Arts, Business or similar
– Ability to develop high quality digital content
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills
– Flair for creative and strategic storytelling
– Knowledge of online communications and social media; ability to understand and evaluate engagement data
– At least basic skills in digital graphics and photo editing
– At least 1 year work experience relevant to Good Return’s program areas, such as international development, media, communications, finance/banking, or adult education
– Experience working in a cross-cultural context
– Teamwork skills
– Graphic design skills, using Canva
– Photograph editing skills
– Video editing skills
– Adobe CS experience
– Analysis and reporting on content
– Interest in international development, regional activities, travel and cultural inclusion
Applications can be submitted by selecting the ‘I’m interested’ link below.
Please indicate how you heard about this position.
Enquiries can be directed via the Good Return website https://goodreturn.org.au/contact/
Applications close: Please apply as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed continually.
Location: Sydney preferred, flexible location considered on request
Level of Effort: 15.2 hours per week (40%)
– Good Return is an inclusive organisation. We strive to build a team that truly represents our diverse society and those of the Asia-Pacific communities we operate in. We actively encourage all applicants, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, disability and sexuality, to apply. If you require adjustments to the recruitment or interview process to accommodate your specific needs, let us know and we will try to provide them.
– Good Return is a child safe organisation. Our recruitment processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse; successful candidates will need to comply by our Child Protection Policy and undergo pre-employment checks.