- Suit experienced compliance & safeguarding professional
- International NGO | Hybrid working arrangements | Flexible environment
- First point of contact for key accountability & compliance issues
Caritas Australia has a vision to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity for all. Caritas Australia partner with the most vulnerable communities to help them build better outcomes by improving access to sustainable livelihoods, clean water, sanitation and education.
As the global community faces profound political, social, economic, and technological changes, Caritas Australia has developed an ambitious ten-year strategy. It is intended to build on their strengths and to take Caritas Australia forward into a future where they will need to be more agile than ever before.
Benefits & Culture
Working at Caritas Australia, you will join a team of like-minded individuals who are passionate about tackling poverty and injustice. As part of the Caritas Australia team, you will also benefit from:
- Flexible working arrangements to maintain your work/life balance, including work from home and flexible hours;
- Continued professional development and learning, with on-the-job mentoring and coaching;
- Not-for-Profit salary packaging;
- Knowing that you are playing a critical role in enhancing the lives of vulnerable groups globally.
Reporting to the Chief Finance and Operations Officer, you will be responsible for ensuring Caritas Australia’s compliance policies and management practices are enhanced and obligations are met under leading NGO accreditation and other relevant standards. This role is the Safeguarding focal point for Caritas Australia, ensuring programs and practices protect the welfare and human rights of those people that may be at risk of abuse, neglect or exploitation.
This vital role will ensure Caritas Australia continues to deliver the best quality aid and development work within their compliance management framework.
Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Supporting the ongoing embedding of compliance and promoting accountability and compliance with applicable codes and standards, such as the ACFID Code of Conduct, Caritas Internationalis Management Standards (CI MS), DFAT NGO Accreditation, National Catholic Safeguarding Standards (NCSS) and relevant policies, as well as, the Core Humanitarian Standards.
- Being the Safeguarding focal point for Caritas Australia’s understanding and awareness of accountability and compliance requirements through training, ongoing support and guidance
- Providing Safeguarding updates and reports for the Caritas Australia Leadership Team and Board on Safeguarding activities and outcomes
- Acting as the first point of contact on key accountability and compliance issues and processes for the organisation
- Being the compliance lead on processes and projects impacting Caritas Australia
For this role, we are looking for an experienced compliance and safeguarding professional to join the second largest Humanitarian and Aid organisation in the world. You will have a mix of the following qualifications, experience and attributes:
- Relevant tertiary qualification and demonstrated experience with strong focus on accountability and compliance with sector-wide codes and standards
- Experience and understanding of Safeguarding and how to applies to Australian based international non-government organisations and their programs
- Experience and understanding of organisational risk management processes
- Ability to design practical and meaningful recommendations for improvements to achieve compliance
Applicants must have full Australian working rights and be available to work from the Sydney Office at least two days per week.
How To Apply
If working with the Catholic community around social & ecological justice is something you are passionate about, please submit your CV and cover letter addressing the skills required section above today.
For further details regarding Caritas Australia please visit https://www.caritas.org.au/
Social Impact Careers specialise in recruitment for organisations that make a positive impact. As we have been retained to recruit this role, all third party and indirect applications will be forwarded to Lisa Morell. Please direct all enquiries to [email protected]
We are likely to begin the shortlisting and interviewing process before the closing date, so please don’t delay your application. The advertisement will be removed once the position has been filled. Please be assured your application is confidential and we will respond to all candidates.
Our commitment to safeguarding – Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of all people, especially children and vulnerable adults. As part of your employment, you will be required to undergo relevant background checks (Police Checks, Working with Children Checks, Reference Checks), abide by our safeguarding policies, and sign our Code of Conduct including Professional Behaviour Standards for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults.
Our commitment to diversity – Caritas Australia encourages and supports an inclusive and diverse workforce. We consider applications regardless of race, sex, gender, age and disability. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, members of minority groups, non-binary people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Our commitment to safety and wellbeing – Depending on your role, Caritas Australia may require you to undertake health checks or receive vaccinations to ensure your safety and wellbeing at work.