- Full time, Permanent role based in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane
- Flexible work from home arrangements available, we have no mandated days in the office!
- Do you want to do work that really matters? Help us end avoidable blindness.
ABOUT THE FRED HOLLOWS FOUNDATION
The Foundation is an international development organisation working to prevent blindness and restore sight. We continue to carry on the legacy of Professor Fred Hollows, who believed every person had the right to quality eye care, no matter where they live. The Foundation has grown to work in more than 25 countries throughout Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific, as well as Australia. The Foundation has restored sight to more than 3 million people worldwide. We have an ambitious five-year strategic plan that aims to take us even closer to realising our vision of a world in which no person is needlessly blind or vision impaired and Indigenous Australians exercise their right to sight and good health.
The Foundation is also proud to announce that we were awarded the Employer of Choice Award (Public Sector and NFP) at the 2022 Australian HR Awards.
You will be an excellent relationships manager, able to develop strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. You will engage with donors and partners by creating compelling proposals, reports, stories and case studies coupled with a strong evidence, research and data based approach. Further, you will be able to engage with senior leaders across The Foundation including the CEO. Finally, you will have strong attention to detail with an analytical mindset able to manage competing priorities and work to deadlines.
The Corporate Acquisition Manager will drive The Foundation’s corporate partnership acquisition and engagement strategy focused on developing and growing relationships with businesses to generate new income, drive strategic value and build non-financial support to the Foundation. Your work will be responsible for driving the growth of the Corporate Partnerships portfolio, ensuring more support for our work in Australia and around the world. You will work with the team to support Australia-based businesses to connect to social impact, engage their employees, support their brand development, facilitate cultural journey, and achieve their ESG and CSR ambitions.
- Lead acquisition of new corporate partners through targeted prospecting, industry networking and identification of new opportunities with potential partners aligned with the Foundation’s strategic objectives.
- Initiate, meet with, negotiate and secure sustainable funding relationships.
- Guide businesses and collaborate with them to support them achieve their CSR goals and ESG ambitions; and support them drive change within the business, industry and beyond to lead the way.
- Support businesses through purpose led marketing and communication campaigns; and mobilise their consumers/customers to end avoidable blindness.
- Lead development of proposals and pitches to philanthropic focused businesses and corporate foundations.
- Facilitate creative and innovative solutions to challenges we face by mobilising pro-bono support, skilled volunteering and other innovative ways.
- Manage a portfolio of relationships, by onboarding new partners, leading contract negotiation and facilitating stewardship to achieve mutual goals of businesses and the Foundation.
- Achieve annual income and other non-financial targets of the Corporate Partnerships Team.
- Provide strategic advice on funding, social impact and sector trends and identify opportunities to ensure the corporate partners as well as the Foundation is well positioned to meet respective business priorities.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Experience in facilitating social impact through purpose-led partnerships.
- Proven experience in Partnerships including leading pitches and proposals for new business.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to be simple and clear.
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills and ability to prioritise competing deadlines.
- Proven experience prospecting new opportunities for a business and proven success in onboarding a partnership.
- Strategic acumen to engage with complex donors.
- Knowledge of Australian and global philanthropic and corporate giving trends and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, with a flexible, positive, and collaborative approach.
How we recognise your contribution
Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where you will feel supported and empowered. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or finding an environment which enables you to thrive while balancing family or personal commitments, we have a range of programs in place to support you. Including:
- Generous salary packaging – we provide access to not-for-profit salary packaging options, which will increase your take home pay, we also offer 17.5% annual leave loading
- Flexible work environment – we focus on output, not hours and enable you to prioritise your health and wellbeing
- Generous leave allowances – we offer Paid parental leave; 5 days bonus leave every year; an annual Foundation-wide “Me Day”; and time off for culturally significant/ceremonial leave
- Ongoing commitment to your continuous learning and career development – through tailored leadership and professional development programs, access to Linkedin Learning and focused development conversations.
To find out more about our benefits click here
Please apply directly via the “Apply” Button. Should you have any questions regarding the opportunity please reach out to Hanna Hadaya, Global Talent Acquisition Lead, at [email protected] for a confidential conversation.
Applications Close: Sunday the 23rd of April 2023
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this position.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children and community partners in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment. The Foundation is also committed to protecting the health of our beneficiaries, donors and partners and require incumbents of this role to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where medical conditions may make vaccination harmful to their health).
Please note: We will not be accepting CV’s via agencies for this role.