• Do you want to do work that really matters? Help us end avoidable blindness.
• Full time permanent role, based in Sydney (this role will be based in the office full time, with the possibility for 1 days flexibility to work from home after the initial 3 months)
• Closing Date: Wednesday the 1st of March 2023
ABOUT THE FRED HOLLOWS FOUNDATION
The Foundation is an international development organisation working to prevent blindness and restore sight. We continue to carry on the legacy of Professor Fred Hollows, who believed every person had the right to quality eye care, no matter where they live. The Foundation has grown to work in more than 25 countries throughout Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific, as well as Australia. The Foundation has restored sight to more than 3 million people worldwide. We have an ambitious five-year strategic plan that aims to take us even closer to realising our vision of a world in which no person is needlessly blind, or vision impaired and Indigenous Australians exercise their right to sight and good health.
The Foundation is also proud to announce that we were awarded the Employer of Choice Award (Public Sector and NFP) at the 2022 Australian HR Awards.
You will be someone who might not have fundraising experience but would be keen to learn! This is an exciting role helping to support some of our key fundraising functions. You will be someone who is happy to take and make calls. This is a customer focused role, and as such you will have experience in customer service. You will have a service driven mindset with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Further, you will have strong admin skills, and the ability to mange your workload and time. You will be a strong multitasker, able to mange expectations and work to deadlines. You will have high level data entry skills and great attention to detail. Finally, you will be someone who team focused, this is a highly collaborative role and you will be working with a close knit team.
The Donations and Database Support Coordinator is part of the Donations and Database Team and will be responsible for taking inbound phone calls, updating the Supporter database and processing donations. As well as delivering best practice customer care to The Fred Hollows Foundation Supporters and Stakeholders.
Assisting Single Giving with:
• Processing one off donations
• Reconciling and preparing banking
• Ensuring the processing business rules are adhered to.
• Processing and filing of paperwork in office.
Provide back up to Inbound Call Specialist Role:
• Handling phone enquiries and updating supporter details.
• Handling Inboxes and updating supporter details.
Assisting Regular Giving with:
• Managing the inbox and updating supporter details.
• Updating the Regular Giving 1800 spreadsheet.
• Processing and filing of paperwork in office.
• F2F and telemarketing complaints – logged in Team channel and respond to complainant by phone or email to advise we are investigating.
• Updating supporter details from query results
• Sending supporter letters and emails using templates
• Constructive contribution and collaboration with all colleagues
• Recording strategic feedback from our supporters
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
• MS Office – Proficiency in Excel, Outlook and Word and the wider Microsoft suite.
• Experienced Customer Service professional, with a team based mindset.
• Raiser’s Edge or another CRM database
• Experience of working in the NGO sector
HOW WE RECOGNISE YOUR CONTRIBUTION
Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where you will feel supported and empowered. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or finding an environment which enables you to thrive while balancing family or personal commitments, we have a range of programs in place to support you. Including:
• Generous salary packaging – we provide access to not-for-profit salary packaging options, which will increase your take home pay, we also offer 17.5% annual leave loading.
• Flexible work environment – we focus on output, not hours and enable you to prioritise your health and wellbeing.
• Generous leave allowances – we offer Paid parental leave; 5 days bonus leave every year; an annual Foundation-wide “Me Day”; Birthday Leave; and time off for culturally significant/ceremonial leave.
• Ongoing commitment to your continuous learning and career development – through tailored leadership and professional development programs, access to Linkedin Learning and focused development conversations.
To find out more about our benefits click here
Please apply directly via the “Apply” Button. Please include a Cover letter as part of your application. Should you have any questions regarding the opportunity please reach out to our Talent Acquisition Specialist, at [email protected] for a confidential conversation. Kindly note that CVs will not be considered through this email address.
Please apply as soon as possible, as we will be contacting successful candidates prior to the advert closing.
Closing Date: Wednesday the 1st of March 2023
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this position.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children and community partners in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment. The Foundation is also committed to protecting the health of our beneficiaries, donors and partners and require incumbents of this role to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where medical conditions may make vaccination harmful to their health).
Please note: We will not be accepting CV’s via agencies for this role.