IPPF is seeking for a consultant to join the team to conduct an independent evaluation of the Sexual and Reproductive Health in Emergencies Pacific (SRHiEP) programme funded by the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT) and implemented by the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). The evaluation will be undertaken within the period January to March 2023.
WHAT IS SRHiEP?
The SRHiEP programme is delivered in partnership between IPPF and its locally owned and led Member Associations (MAs) in New Zealand, Kiribati, Cook Islands and Tuvalu. The overall goal of the SRHiE programme is to improve access to life-saving Sexual Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) services for crisis-affected populations in all their diversity through implementation of the MISP for reproductive health in crises. The overarching purpose of the programme is to contribute to reducing SRH-related mortality and morbidity, SGBV, HIV and STI transmission, and unintended pregnancies in Kiribati, Cook Islands and Tuvalu, all of which are affected by disasters.
The purpose of the evaluation is to:
- provide an independent assessment of the progress towards the SRHiEP goals/outcomes
- assess the effectiveness of SRHiEP at all levels of implementation from Member Associations, key national partners, beneficiaries etc
- identify any issues relating to the implementation of the Activity and delivery of Outputs and steps to be taken in order to address the issues
- assess risk management and risk mitigation measures
- recommend how implementation can be improved, both for the remainder of the programme period and any potential phase 2
- recommend whether a further phase of the activity should be considered
Profile: In addition to proven experience in monitoring & evaluation of health programs in remote low resource and/or humanitarian settings, experience working in the Pacific Islands will be vital. Experience working in multi-cultural environments and excellent interpersonal and communication skills will be essential.
Kindly download the Terms of Reference (ToR) document (available at the bottom of this ad) for the full details of this consultancy.
Interested individuals should submit their CV and a letter of interest (no more than 2 pages) detailing their suitability as per the detailed ToR, including quote for services, to [email protected] by the closing date of 2 January 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.