- Do you want to do work that really matters? Help us end avoidable blindness
- Full time, Permanent Role based in Sydney (Flexible work from home arrangements available)
- Closing Date: Sunday the 8th of January 2023
ABOUT THE FRED HOLLOWS FOUNDATION
The Foundation is an international development organisation working to prevent blindness and restore sight. This year marks The Foundation’s 30th anniversary of carrying on the legacy of Professor Fred Hollows, who believed every person had the right to quality eye care, no matter where they live. The Foundation has grown to work in more than 25 countries throughout Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific, as well as Australia. The Foundation has restored sight to more than 3 million people worldwide. We have an ambitious five-year strategic plan that aims to take us even closer to realising our vision of a world in which no person is needlessly blind or vision impaired and Indigenous Australians exercise their right to sight and good health.
The Foundation is also proud to announce that we were awarded the Employer of Choice Award (Public Sector and NFP) at the 2022 Australian HR Awards.
You will be an experienced Accountant, looking to transition into a Not-For-Profit organisation, with strong customer service skills. You will have excellent communications, influencing and negotiation skills, able to manage a broad range stakeholder request. You will be able to manage competing prioritises and deadlines, as well as provide financial advice to both internal and external stakeholders. You will have strong skills across the Microsoft suite, Excel in particular. You will be self-driven and able to learn new systems quickly with limited guidance. Finally, you will be flexible to adjust to changing prioritise and needs.
The Finance & Operations Coordinator (Global) Coordinator is accountable for the accurate financial and management accounting support pertaining to assigned portfolios/businesses and to assist in the delivery of timely, accurate transactional accounting, month-end reporting and, year-end accounting.
- Working with Group Finance team members to assist in the understanding and management of the drivers of expenses, revenue, and cash flows within the business.
- Balance sheet account reconciliations properly performed and reconciling items cleared on a timely basis.
- Producing and analysing the performance of the assigned portfolios, including profit & loss, balance sheet and cashflow on a timely basis.
- Conduct reconciliation between multiple systems.
- Transactions recorded in accordance with accounting standards and Group policies.
- The allocations of transactions sourced from the operating systems of the business such as the procurement and payables system are materially correct and appropriate.
- Collaborate across functions to deliver on process improvements, key initiatives, and drive customer obsession
- Tax compliance, including preparation of Income Tax and FBT returns
- Assist with Interim and Year-End Audit requests with external stakeholders
- Act as a backup for processing all invoices, corporate credits accounts, EFT & Cheque payments, payroll and any other transactional tasks are processed and reconciled
- Processes including, but not limited to receivables processing, debtor management, invoicing and billing, income journals, fixed assets register maintenance and other routine financial processes
- Provide high quality customer service with specialist financial advice, analysis, and technical assistance to internal stakeholders
- Keep up to date with changes to International Accounting Standards to produce accurate accounting results.
- Other tasks as requested by your manager
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Sound knowledge of reconciliations, financial and management accounting function
- Demonstrated experience in transactional level accounting, end of month, management report, cash flows planning, audit, contract and grant management and liaising with internal and external from non-finance stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in using multiple financial systems and the ability to assimilate with emerging technologies/ systems.
- Demonstrated experience of project management from finance & operational and monitoring and evaluation perspectives.
- Demonstrated experience acting as a bank account administrator for a medium sized or large organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive public relations with internal and external stakeholders.
- CPA or CA Qualification
- Strong experience in accounting roles
- Experience in an international NGO environment or multinational corporation
- Experience Working in fast-paced environment.
- Experience with change management and project management.
- Utilising Sun system or ERP system, and Info BI or Power BI
HOW WE RECOGNISE YOUR CONTRIBUTION
Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where you will feel supported and empowered. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or finding an environment which enables you to thrive while balancing family or personal commitments, we have a range of programs in place to support you. Including:
- Generous salary packaging – we provide access to not-for-profit salary packaging options, which will increase your take home pay, we also offer 17.5% annual leave loading
- Flexible work environment – we focus on output, not hours and enable you to prioritise your health and wellbeing
- Generous leave allowances – we offer Paid parental leave; 5 days bonus leave every year; an annual Foundation-wide “Me Day”; and time off for culturally significant/ceremonial leave
- Ongoing commitment to your continuous learning and career development – through tailored leadership and professional development programs, access to Linkedin Learning and focused development conversations.
Please apply directly via the “Apply” Button. Should you have any questions regarding the opportunity please reach out to our Talent Acquisition Specialist, at [email protected] for a confidential conversation. Kindly note that CVs will not be considered through this email address.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this position.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children and community partners in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment. The Foundation is also committed to protecting the health of our beneficiaries, donors and partners and require incumbents of this role to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where medical conditions may make vaccination harmful to their health).
Please note: We will not be accepting CV’s via agencies for this role.