Oaktree is Australia’s largest youth-run international development organisation which is at the leading edge of innovative, youth-led development across Australia and the Asia-Pacific Region. Oaktree stands in solidarity with youth-led organisations across the region and provides flexible funding and support to enable them to lead change. Oaktree also upskills young people in Australia and supports them to lead change.
As a member of the group, you’ll play a key role in guiding Oaktree’s fundraising strategy development and implementation, by providing expert advice to Oaktree’s Business Development Manager, Live Below the Line Campaign Lead, and broader supporter engagement team, with the aim to aid revenue diversification and growth. As a youth-run organisation, we value the knowledge and expertise of young people. People under 30 are strongly encouraged to apply. We are also seeking to capture diverse experiences and perspectives on the FAB and strongly welcome applications from women, LGBTQI+, non-binary & gender diverse people, people of colour, First Nations people, CALD people, and people with disability. We also strongly encourage Oaktree Alumni to apply.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has significant experience in at least one of the following areas: Community fundraising, marketing, fundraising events and/or product development.
• Believes in the power and importance of youth-led initiatives to achieve sustainable and positive social change in Australia, Asia and the Pacific.
• Approaches their work with humility and integrity, and is excited about exploring innovative strategies for raising revenue to address global injustice.
• Knows how to provide advice in a succinct, relevant and respectful way and is comfortable advising and guiding young people to deliver outcomes.
• (Desirable) has experience in fundraising and/or revenue diversification strategy, particularly in the context of youth- and volunteer-led non-profits.
• (Desirable) has fundraising expertise in the international development context.
As a member of FAB, you will be responsible for supporting Oaktree’s CEO and Business Development team to deliver successful fundraising strategies, products and activities. You will do this by:
• Providing input and advice on strategic considerations and decision-making processes relating to Oaktree’s fundraising and community engagement work.
• Providing guidance and mentorship to the Business Development team- this could include advice on revenue diversification strategy and support with fundraising campaign design, implementation and management.
• Reviewing and commenting on fundraising strategy and campaign plans.
• Supporting Oaktree’s programs and initiatives through personal involvement.
• Consistent meeting attendance and timely offline engagement.
You will also assisting Oaktree’s Business Development Manager in fundraising strategy development and monitoring revenue performance of Oaktree. You will do this by:
• Reviewing Oaktree’s fundraising performance, making recommendations to the BDM about introducing, scaling or phasing out activities where relevant.
• Contributing to organisational fundraising and revenue diversification strategy development by providing strategic guidance and advice.
• Attend most monthly FAB meetings, typically on the last Tuesday of each month. There is generally less than 1 hour of preparation for each meeting.
• Be available for 1-2 hours per month to provide mentorship and support to Oaktree’s Business Development team outside of FAB meetings.
• A minimum 12 month commitment, reviewed annually.
Sounds like you? Apply here: https://form.typeform.com/to/TTJJbkxe
This is an ongoing recruitment, where applications will be reviewed on a fortnightly basis until the position is filled. With any questions, please contact [email protected]