About Mary MacKillop Today
Mary MacKillop Today seeks to transform lives for self-determination through access to education and the learning of practical life skills in vulnerable and remote communities.
Just as Mary MacKillop did over a century ago, Mary MacKillop Today helps those wherever they are, regardless of their faith, ethnicity or gender by supporting development projects both within Australia and overseas. Mary MacKillop Today directly implements programs through our office in Australia and Timor-Leste, as well as through partnerships in Peru, and Fiji.
We know that providing education, in all its forms, is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes and generational change in developing communities and we depend on support from the Australian public to carry out this vital work.
Mary MacKillop Today is a ministry of the Sisters of Saint Joseph and we work in the spirit of Saint Mary MacKillop and the Rev Julian Tenison Woods, inspired by their faith, legacy and grounded practical work.
Mary MacKillop Today is directly responsible for program design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all our projects and is a signatory of the Australian Council for International Development’s code of conduct. As a consequence, we have a high degree of accountability and transparency. Mary MacKillop Today is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work.
About the Role
The Special Supporter Coordinator is a key ‘supporter facing’ position and is responsible for creating meaningful long-term relationships with Donors to inspire and grow philanthropic support. This role is crucial in the cultivation of donors from the appeal and regular giving programs and stewarding them through the mid-level giving and bequest programs to create sustainable, year-on-year income growth for the work of Mary MacKillop Today.
Working with current and qualified prospective donors, this role will maintain exceptional donor care practices and develop fundraising initiatives (stewardship campaigns and special events) to drive supporter engagement to increase fundraising revenue, increase confirmed bequest donors, improve supporter retention and strengthen supporter loyalty.
This position requires a dedicated supporter-centric fundraiser who is a confident communicator dedicated to enabling people to support our cause with appeal gifts of over $1,000 or by leaving a gift in their Will. Being self-motivated with a desire to excel will lead to success in this role.
Key words: donor care, bequest, mid-level giving, retention, business development.
Supporter Relationship Management
– Assist in the development and implementation of engagement strategies for the mid-level donor and bequest programs to grow revenue sustainably and promote philanthropic giving. The strategies will address: short, medium and long-term goals, acquisition and retention, recognition and appreciation, stewardship and donor journeys, and a communications calendar for each donor segment.
– Develop and manage a portfolio of confirmed and potential Bequest Donors through a strategic stewardship program and inspire individual to leave a gift in their Will to Mary MacKillop Today.
– Develop and manage a portfolio of mid-level donors through a strategic stewardship program and inspire individuals to increase their giving to appeals.
– Stewardship of key stakeholder relationships including donors, trustees, legal and financial professionals, and estate executors.
– Contribute to the development of an annual series of key stakeholder engagement events and campaigns to support mid-level and bequest donor stewardship goals.
– Represent Mary MacKillop Today at relevant donor engagement events, potentially out of office hours and on weekends.
Bequest Program Administration
– Ensure timely and efficient processing of all administrative duties associated with deceased estates and bequests.
– Ensure documentation such as probate and financial statements from realised estates are received in accordance with legislation and filed accordingly and accurately.
– Prepare and execute affidavits as required for deceased estates.
– Track Wills through probate and relevant Courts.
– Liaise with Executors and Solicitors to track progress of Estate administration.
– Liaise with other charitable beneficiaries (as required).
Data and analytics
– Manage effective systems for tracking and cultivating donors/potential donors, including the administration of estates, bequests and anticipated bequests.
– Use analytics, research insights and feedback to identify opportunities for innovation and improvement across the mid-level donor and bequests programs.
– Identify potential mid-level donor prospects and bequest donor prospects in Mary MacKillop Today’s CRM Database.
– Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all supporter data, including contact information, relationship history, direct communication, and fundraising campaigns.
– Report on and evaluate all acquisition and retention programs and fundraising progress (includes bimonthly Board reporting).
And any other duties as directed from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
– Minimum of four years’ experience in a similar fundraising or supporter relations role, in a non-profit environment.
– Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills and proven experience in delivering best practice donor/supporter care to cultivate and nurture long-term supporter relationships.
– Proven track record in the development and delivery of successful mid-level donor and bequests programs.
– Proven track record in event management.
– Proven experience in setting and achieving revenue targets.
– Proven knowledge of the Australian giving environment and best practice fundraising principles.
– High ethical standards of behavior, good judgment, respect for others, confidentiality and attention to detail.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Excellent organisational and time management skills.
– Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, and as part of a team.
– Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
– Tertiary qualifications or equivalent in business development, communications, fundraising or relevant subject area.
– Experience in database management, ideally Thank Q or other CRM platform.
– Sound analytical skills and experience in database reporting.
This position is a permanent full-time role based in North Sydney, and reports to the Philanthropy Manager. This position has the opportunity to access flexible working arrangements. This position has no direct reports. The working environment is informal but professional, with very high standards of output and delivery. We are a happy, enthusiastic and energy filled group, with a positive and values-driven culture.