Come join a team that’s driving climate action on a global scale
World Vision is driving a vision to regenerate 1 billion hectares of degraded land by scaling up Farmer Managed Natural Regeneration (FMNR) – a simple solution capable of regenerating land and lives, all by harnessing a universe of underground roots. Along with World Vision’s (WV) plans to expand its FMNR spread via community-based programming, we also want to mobilise and empower project participants, partners, and the global community to adopt and spread FMNR through their own efforts.
This is an exciting new role to lead the partnering strategy for the FMNR Scale Up initiative. Working with WV’s leaders in external engagement, this role will develop partnerships with organisations that could adopt WV’s FMNR Scale Up approach and spread FMNR globally. These partners could represent a diversity of groups including funders, implementers, influencers and advocates, Government, research institutions and so on.
Join the World Vision team and help the planet fight back and improve the lives of millions of children.
Watch this short video below to see the generational change you can be part of.
Your areas of responsibility:
- Map existing WV Partnership (from Field Office, Regional Office, Support Office and Global Centre) partners that would be suitable to engage in scaling up FMNR
- Map new WV partners that would be critical partners to adopt FMNR into their business operations to scale up FMNR
- Identify champion partners that can motivate other partners to join, raise awareness of the initiative, contribute resources and/or promote the added value of partnering with WV to others
- Design a partnering model and journey that responds to both WV and partners’ needs
- Lead the development of a global (digital) partnering platform that will support the above-mentioned partner model and journey
- Establish and implement a communication strategy that keeps potential and existing partners informed of the FMNR Scale Up initiative
- Provide partners with collateral to promote their involvement in the FMNR Scale Up initiative
- Involve partners in key moments of promoting the FMNR Scale Up initiative
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for someone with excellent communication and relationship management skills. You will be a great networker with a real can do attitude.
You will have:
- Theory and practice of cross sector partnering
- Analytical ability to assess partnership opportunities
- Experience in partnership brokering
- Experience in establishing viable partnering structures and procedures for a new partnering platform
- Experience in managing diverse partners
- Experience establishing a culture of trust and respect with partners
- An understanding of a shared movement towards a vision and an appreciation of received value
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
Working for World Vision means you are making the world better:
It’s not every day that a job comes along that lets you change the world. Working for World Vision means looking forward to turning up at work because you know you’re about to do something meaningful. It means working with 35,000 staff and 3.3 million supporters in 100 countries who will stop at nothing to help children live better lives. Join a team that is bold and courageous, and where job satisfaction goes beyond financial reward.
The selection process:
For your information, the interviews will start immediately, and the role may be filled before the closing date.
We embrace diversity, employing people from a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we are committed to providing an environment that is safe for children. Our stringent recruitment procedures make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. All successful candidates will undergo all required pre-employment checks which is inclusive of a criminal record check. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support, and training in their work with vulnerable children and their families. World Vision Australia participates in the Inter-Agency Scheme for the Disclosure of Safeguarding-related Misconduct in Recruitment Process within the Humanitarian and Development Sector.
Who we are:
World Vision is a Christian organisation that empowers everyday Australians to create meaningful change for children through relief, development and advocacy work.
We offer great benefits such as salary packaging, flexible working arrangements, free on-site parking and an onsite café for our employees.
For more information on World Vision and the work we do, please visit our website: https://www.worldvision.com.au/about-us