• Do you want to do work that really matters? Help us end avoidable blindness
• Full time, Fixed Term 12-month contract based in Melbourne or Sydney (with flexible work from home arrangements)
• Closing Date: Sunday the 5th of February 2023
ABOUT THE FRED HOLLOWS FOUNDATION
The Foundation is an international development organisation working to prevent blindness and restore sight. We continue to carry on the legacy of Professor Fred Hollows, who believed every person had the right to quality eye care, no matter where they live. The Foundation has grown to work in more than 25 countries throughout Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific, as well as Australia. The Foundation has restored sight to more than 3 million people worldwide. We have an ambitious five-year strategic plan that aims to take us even closer to realising our vision of a world in which no person is needlessly blind or vision impaired and Indigenous Australians exercise their right to sight and good health.
The Foundation is also proud to announce that we were awarded the Employer of Choice Award (Public Sector and NFP) at the 2022 Australian HR Awards.
Global Philanthropy Campaign Lead will have responsibility for leading the delivery of a multi-year transformational global philanthropic campaign through to its next phase of success. Working with the Chief Philanthropy Officer/Campaign Director, specialist consultants, The Foundation’s Board and executive leadership, our international based market leads, HNWI’s and UHNWIs. You will be building on 18 months of planning, preparation and market research to lead the Foundation’s efforts to develop and implement cultivation and stewardship strategies for your portfolio. Matching each donor’s passions with our market tested transformational work, you will use your proven communication skills to prepare and present impact reports, communicate and action moves management journeys and overall, provide exemplar stewardship.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a major global initiative inside one of the world’s most respected international development organisations. With your support we aim to achieve impact at scale to help transform the lives of millions of people in need over the next decade as a result of this ground-breaking campaign.
You will be a philanthropy manager with global experience able to engage with diverse audiences and donors. This is a key role within The Foundation focused on increasing our global brand and reach. You will be a successful storyteller, able to engage and connect with the hearts and minds of donors on scale through compelling storytelling and case studies. This will be coupled with an evidence, research, data, and impact-based approach. Further, you will have an understanding of international development programmatic work, and program delivery. You will have experience working within a complex global organisation and be a strategic thinker, able to identify the needs of donors and match them with the right person at the right time.
• Successfully managing donor relationships at all stages of the continuum and leading the delivery of the Foundation’s global comprehensive campaign together with the Campaign Director
• Contributing to development of cases for support to address market needs and donor segments
• Ability to independently communicate effectively with sophisticated philanthropists and build authentic, trusting relationships, whilst maintaining strict confidence of relevant donor information and cultural appropriate engagement at all times
• Contributing to regular internal reports to track success, challenges and overall progress towards the philanthropy program goals
• Project managing the campaign efficiently and effectively to meet campaign targets
• Working in partnership with the FHF Market leads to achieve the key milestones of the campaign, bring it to life across the world and achieve expected outcomes.
• Travel, both International and Domestic.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
• Proven experience in major gifts and philanthropy programs including leading transformational gift campaigns.
• Experience working with financial intermediaries, family offices, wealth managers, HNWIs and UHNWIs to facilitate multi-million-dollar investments/donations.
• Significant experience in crafting meaningful donor journeys with the ability to lead major projects to a successful result.
• Strong project management and problem-solving skills and ability to prioritise competing deadlines.
• Proven experience across the systems, processes, fundraising and privacy codes of ethics and operations that underpin best practice fundraising.
• Extensive practical experience with best practice fundraising strategies and systems in a humanitarian setting.
• Strategic acumen to engage with complex donors.
• Experience working across at least multiple markets including Australia, the USA, the UK, Middle East and East Asia.
• Relevant tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications, fundraising or a related field
• CFRE – Certified Fundraising Professional Executive credential highly regarded.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications, Raiser’s Edge (RE NXT) and other databases
• CFRE – Certified Fundraising or any other Professional Executive credential.
• Varied acquisition, stewardship and donor journey experience across various markets such as Asia and the Middle East
• Knowledge of global philanthropic giving trends and experience applying this to successful fundraising initiatives
HOW WE RECOGNISE YOUR CONTRIBUTION
Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where you will feel supported and empowered. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or finding an environment which enables you to thrive while balancing family or personal commitments, we have a range of programs in place to support you. Including:
• Generous salary packaging – we provide access to not-for-profit salary packaging options, which will increase your take home pay, we also offer 17.5% annual leave loading
• Flexible work environment – we focus on output, not hours and enable you to prioritise your health and wellbeing
• Generous leave allowances – we offer Paid parental leave; 5 days bonus leave every year; an annual Foundation-wide “Me Day”; and time off for culturally significant/ceremonial leave
• Ongoing commitment to your continuous learning and career development – through tailored leadership and professional development programs, access to Linkedin Learning and focused development conversations.
To find out more about our benefits click here
Please apply directly via the “Apply” Button. Should you have any questions regarding the opportunity please reach out to our Global Talent Acquisition Lead, Hanna Hadaya at [email protected] for a confidential conversation. Kindly note that CVs will not be considered through this email address.
Closing Date: Sunday the 5th of February 2023
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this position.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children and community partners in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment. The Foundation is also committed to protecting the health of our beneficiaries, donors and partners and require incumbents of this role to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where medical conditions may make vaccination harmful to their health).
Please note: We will not be accepting CV’s via agencies for this role.