Global Evergreening Alliance
- Ongoing position in a supportive environment
- Flexible working arrangement available, including hybrid working
- Position location: Burwood East, Victoria
Would you like to be part of improving the livelihoods of more than 2 million households and capturing more than 80 million tons of CO2 in the process? We are seeking a passionate and motivated individual to join us in making positive impacts on communities and the environment!
The Global EverGreening Alliance (The Alliance) is an international NGO, which coordinates the development and implementation of large-scale land restoration programs.
Its members include World Vision, CARE International, Oxfam, Catholic Relief Services, Conservation International, The Nature Conservancy, the World Resources Institute and The World Agroforestry Centre.
The Alliance was established to create and apply long-term solutions to the global problems of land degradation and climate change. This is done through a collaborative approach with an emphasis on evergreening practices: regenerative farming that integrates trees into crop and livestock production systems of smallholder farms. In June 2022, the Alliance launched Restore Africa, the largest community-based land restoration program in Africa. More than 1,8 million hectares of degraded land will be restored through sustainable land management practices in six countries: Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi and Uganda, improving the livelihoods of more than 2 million households and capturing more than 80 million tons of CO2 in the process.
The Global Evergreening Alliance is seeking a proactive, organised and details focused Graphic Designer to maintain and further develop its branding, visual identity and associated campaigns and programmes. This position will work within a collaborative and supportive team to deliver high-quality communication outputs.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- The development of bold and impactful designs for brand awareness, social media campaigns, events and the Global Evergreening Alliance website that are appropriate to requirements.
- Identifying, planning and creating a variety of professional marketing content within a dynamic team environment.
- Supporting the development of branding and guidelines for programmes.
- Assisting with the Global Evergreening Alliance’s branding development, recognition and guidelines as the organisation grows.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Solid demonstrated understanding of graphic design and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field.
- The ability to think outside the box and create unique visuals.
- Experience in content creation and the use of applications such as the Adobe Creative Suite.
- A great work ethic and an eye for detail.
- A ‘can do’ and proactive attitude, including the demonstrated ability to show initiative and generate ideas.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), including confidence in liaising with internal and external colleagues to build productive relationships, including stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Well-developed time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Good problem-solving skills and an ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position you must have the right to work in Australia. Please provide your resume and a cover letter clearly addressing the Key Selection Criteria in your application. Only candidates who address the selection criteria will be considered for shortlisting.
Applications are due by close of business on Monday, 7 August 2023. Applications will be reviewed as they come in, so please submit your application as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected] using the subject line: Graphic Designer enquiry via EthicalJobs.
The Global EverGreening Alliance has zero tolerance for child abuse, discrimination, harassment, and workplace bullying. All staff, including volunteers, are required to sign an acknowledgement and adhere strictly to the organisation’s child protection, safeguarding and other policies. In addition, the successful applicant will need to provide a recent Australian Police Record Check and a current Working with Children Check card.