- Do you want to do work that really matters? Help us end avoidable blindness
- Full time, Permanent Role based in Sydney (Flexible work from home arrangements available)
- Closing Date: Wednesday the 18th of January 2023
ABOUT THE FRED HOLLOWS FOUNDATION
The Foundation is an international development organisation working to prevent blindness and restore sight. This year marks The Foundation’s 30th anniversary of carrying on the legacy of Professor Fred Hollows, who believed every person had the right to quality eye care, no matter where they live. The Foundation has grown to work in more than 25 countries throughout Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific, as well as Australia. The Foundation has restored sight to more than 3 million people worldwide. We have an ambitious five-year strategic plan that aims to take us even closer to realising our vision of a world in which no person is needlessly blind or vision impaired and Indigenous Australians exercise their right to sight and good health.
The Foundation is also proud to announce that we were awarded the Employer of Choice Award (Public Sector and NFP) at the 2022 Australian HR Awards.
You will be an experienced Graphic Designer, with high attention to detail and a customer service approach. You will be a problem solver, with excellent communications skills (both written and verbal). You will be a brand champion, ensuring consistency across The Foundation as well as educating your colleagues on why this is important. This is a standalone role and will give you the opportunity to influence our global brand.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for developing concepts and creating multimedia assets to help further The Foundation’s campaigns.
- Graphic Design: Design & build eye-catching assets across a range of mediums including print, digital, and social. Adapt existing ideas across multiple assets to address brief requirements. Assist in production of brand assets including, banners, social, graphics, and EDMs
- Be a brand champion: Support the proper use of The Foundation’s brand both by internal teams and external parties. Liaise with advertising and media buying agencies to ensure delivery of key products.
- Creative concepts: Collaborate on the creation of bespoke concept designs for new campaigns, videos, publications and broader organisation initiatives. Generate ideas that demonstrate brand position and drive business outcomes
- Infographics and animations: Visualise processes and stories through illustration, typography and animated video
- Support divisional campaigns: Collaborate with the wider Public Affairs team to support successful campaigns and major appeals; advise on and execute creative elements to support divisional goals. Mentor and coach in-country communications staff and members of the CCE team in multimedia
- Support creative team goals: e.g. Support and be supported by direct team of creative producers to reach shared team goals together. Push the team toward ground breaking creative products
- Video and Photo Production: Produce and deliver engaging videos and photos to support The Foundation’s appeals, campaigns and initiatives in different formats for various platforms.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Strong Experience in graphic design and multimedia production
- Strong Experience with creative concepts and strategy
- Experience designing graphics for paid and organic social content, display, and EDM assets to engage and influence audiences across devices and platforms
- Strong Experience with Adobe Creative suite including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere and After Effects
- Experience with Canon DSLRs for video and photo
- Experience working across cultures and/or within the development sector
- Experience with digital campaigns
- Experience in using digital metrics to measure creative impact across platforms like Facebook Business Manager, YouTube and Google Analytics
HOW WE RECOGNISE YOUR CONTRIBUTION
Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where you will feel supported and empowered. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or finding an environment which enables you to thrive while balancing family or personal commitments, we have a range of programs in place to support you. Including:
- Generous salary packaging – we provide access to not-for-profit salary packaging options, which will increase your take home pay, we also offer 17.5% annual leave loading
- Flexible work environment – we focus on output, not hours and enable you to prioritise your health and wellbeing
- Generous leave allowances – we offer Paid parental leave; 5 days bonus leave every year; an annual Foundation-wide “Me Day”; and time off for culturally significant/ceremonial leave
- Ongoing commitment to your continuous learning and career development – through tailored leadership and professional development programs, access to Linkedin Learning and focused development conversations.
Please apply directly via the “Apply” Button. Should you have any questions regarding the opportunity please reach out to our Talent Acquisition Specialist, at [email protected] for a confidential conversation. Kindly note that CVs will not be considered through this email address.
Applications Close: Wednesday the 18th of January 2023
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this position.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children and community partners in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment. The Foundation is also committed to protecting the health of our beneficiaries, donors and partners and require incumbents of this role to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where medical conditions may make vaccination harmful to their health).
Please note: We will not be accepting CV’s via agencies for this role.